Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
splecs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have had a reservation to fish this weekend (Both days) with Bicho made over 6 months ago. Today, I am told that bicho's boat is broke and he can no longer be our guide. They told me we would now fish with someone name Hilly Bo.

Has anyone ever heard of him before? Is he a good guide. I am very disapointed becuase we had heard so much about Bicho and really wanted to fish with him. Is this thing common. I know things break all the time but I thought fishingsanpedro had several boats available.

This is not how I wanted to start my vacation.

Captain Jeff--any thoughts?

I've fished with Hillyboo once and Bicho twice. If I were in your situation, and got switched due to Bicho's boat breaking, I don't think I'd worry about it too much. Although I did think Bicho had three boats; that's kinda strange.

Hillyboo fishes in the big tournaments, so he should know the waters well. If you want to hear a funny story ask Hillyboo how he came to name his boat "Freedom".

S
splecs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
thanks, I thought it was strange as well. Assumed you use a flat bottom boat for the flats and another boat for the reef. sounds to me like we may have gotten bumped for a "regular". I taked with Capt jeff back in January and have been wanted to fish with Bicho for a long time. I am sure hillyboo is fine, its just not a good way to do business. Pardon the pun, but something smells fishy.

Hilly Boo is good to go with. Last April I went out three times with Cord who works for Hilly Boo. We caught lots of fish in one half day. Tight lines to ya. cool

splecs I find that strange ???I have heard his flats boat had a bad eng..??? have not fished with bicho the last two times down ,went with capt verde ,capt jaun alamilla,and ramon gurrero.but hilly boo is a very good capt and has some good guides working for him at freedom tours .for two years I just fished with bicho but have now tried the other great guides wich I book tru steve at coconet internet cafe as he books fishing tours and knows the good local guides and now managers the fishingsanpedro.com web site . ..,he books six very good local guides ,hilly boo being one of them .e mail me back jkivet @cruisevalue.com will make some calls and find out the real deal.. but you will have a fun time in sanpedro for sure not to worry....

Living The Dream Every Day!
We booked June 20 for a full day with Capt. Bicho through Coconet. Big storm that morning. Capt. Bicho called us direct to cancel. It was miserable out there. So we called Steve to rebook for the 22nd. Hilly Boo was available that day. We went out with Cord and had a ball. cool

G
G
splecs, be happy that fishingsanpedro contacted you before you were supposed to go out fishing about the boat problems with bicho. Better than waiting on the dock only to be disappointed! The other captains they use are all experienced and fun guides to go out with - all had to pass the tests by fishing guru Capt. Jeff as well as several other fishing addicts that live here before they could be listed on fishingsanpedro.com. Hillyboo has had rave reviews on this board, long before anyone heard of Bicho, so relax and have a great trip! laugh laugh

W
W
Can you tell me how to contact one of these guides for a fishing trip. We are going to AC in August and I'm sure my husband would love this. What is the cost. Thanks!!

If you book a particular guide, you should get that guide. Bait is fine in fishing, bait and switch is not. I recommend you contact Severo Guerrero <[email protected]> He's very good, works for himself so nobody else is getting a cut and above all, I have no financial connection to him.

I think that anyone who recommends a business should disclose their connection (if any) so the advice can be weighed with that in mind.

One last point, unless you play piano with Toni Tenille, if you don't have a OUPV (at a minimum) you shouldn't call yourself a captain.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.