Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10557 10/15/00 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hello, my name is Sunya Berkelman. I am a belizean american student in San Francisco CA. I am fortunate enough to attend San Francisco University High School, a prominently wealthy private high school where there are people with lots of influence and connections. I have already started a Belize relief fund with cash donations, and am interested in having a book and school supply drive for the school on Caye Caulker. I feel that my school would have a large response to this, as a "school to school" type of program. If anyone has any information as to what is needed or how to go about this, please contact me. My e-mail adress is [email protected]. The only other hitch in my plan is the shipping factor. If anyone has had any success with airlines and free shipping please let me know. As soon as the shipping is secured I'm just about ready to move on this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I will email you Sunya.

E
Edd Offline
E
Sunya,
If you can get the supplies to Dallas, we can take it from there. We have daily free freight shipments arranged into both San Pedro and Caye Caulker. Go forward with your program. If, at the end, you are unable to get a cash donation to ship the supplies to Dallas, we'll work something out on our end. You've had a great idea, Congratulations.Let me know if I can help.
Edd Haskins
ehask@airmail

M
M
I am Beth Rogers daughter-in-law in Moultrie Georgia.I am a member of a local civic organization and we were in the process of exchanging artwork with the local San Pedro children and our childern. We had plans to exhibit their art work at our local arts center. Now since the hurricane we have changed our focus to helping the children. I can get school supplies donated but need to know where to ship. It will probably be next week before I can get it all together maybe later. Please let me know where to ship. We really would like to help. My email address is [email protected]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Just came back from Belize. Caye Caulker is in a worse condition than San Pedro. THe school in Caye Caulker is damaged and need a lot more help than San Pedro. Besides, San Pedro is more supported financially than CC. By the way, just saw your Gramma and she is doing fine.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hello everyone, thanks for responding to my post. So far my plans for the drive are moving along well. My friend knows someone in Florida with an airline CEO dad. This connection might solve some of our shipping problems. I'm waiting on that info now. I'm also working to get in touch with the office depot people and other organizations for donations as well. I'd still really appreciate any specifics on the Caye Caulker school that people can offer. I agree that it is most probably in greatest need of aid.

chibby--glad to hear that gramma is doing fine. My dad's doing ok too. e-mail me at [email protected] to talk.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 231 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.