Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#105765 - 07/06/05 12:50 PM Fishing for Dummies
DuxFan Offline
Have to say I love this forum. Unfortunately it severely cuts into my work every day as I find my self reading this board for 10 minutes out of every hour.

We are getting things set for our honeymoon in Sept and need some help to set up a fishing trip. I mostly go out fishing for striped bass in Long Island sound thus am looking for a fun half day trip for someone that knows little to nothing about fishing. Since my wife-to-be is not too into fishing would be nice if she could do a bit of snorkeling at some point as well. Need suggestions about guides as well as what is more entertaining for a novice fisherman. I see there is flat fishing and reef fishing, what would be more fun for someone like me?

#105766 - 07/06/05 01:37 PM Re: Fishing for Dummies
Ernie B Offline
The 1st guide that comes to mind, is Tulu. He will do anything you ask. I'm sure someone will post his phone # as I don't have it. I first thought you wanted to fish for dummies, and there are tons of 'em in SP. I'm referring to EXPATS, not locals. :rolleyes:
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#105767 - 07/06/05 03:55 PM Re: Fishing for Dummies
rockfish Offline
Try a morning of reef fishing, a beach BBQ lunch of your catch on a remote beach up north with a snorkle stop on the way home. Will be the highlight of your trip and the best meal of your trip. Most guide offer this trip, but I would recommend Severo Guerrero his email is servero@btl.net

#105768 - 07/06/05 11:35 PM Re: Fishing for Dummies
SP Daily Offline
Geez, immissing! You're gonna have a rough time here if you ever visit again. Lotta people want a piece of ya!

#105769 - 07/07/05 08:37 AM Re: Fishing for Dummies
Ernie B Offline
AWW, PapaS. My remark was made in humor, you know, like in "land Sharks". I also lived there for a couple of years, have a degree and love SP. Sorry if I offended you. Now, Jesse. I have an awful lot of friends in SP and I know of none who would like a piece of me. I am very easy to find when I'm there, for thoes who may wish try their luck. I love ya, man ! You Da Man, Jesse ! laugh

#105770 - 07/07/05 09:18 AM Re: Fishing for Dummies
DuxFan Offline
Thanks for the info - have emailed Severo. Any other good guides I should try. I like your idea of morning fishing lunch then snorkeling on the way back. What kind of fish are we going for when reef fishing?

#105771 - 07/07/05 01:14 PM Re: Fishing for Dummies
Ernie B Offline
OOOHHHH Jesse, I WILL BE BACK ! Can't wait to see my friends again laugh All my friends smile

#105772 - 07/07/05 02:02 PM Re: Fishing for Dummies
SP Daily Offline
The group I heard ranting about you didn't sound like friends...

#105773 - 07/07/05 03:56 PM Re: Fishing for Dummies
seashell Offline
Those must have been the "dummies".
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#105774 - 07/07/05 04:01 PM Re: Fishing for Dummies
Ernie B Offline
Well Damn, SS finally said something I agree with !!! smile

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Sailorgirl), 29 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.