Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Von Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Does anyone have any idea on the state of the relief operations on the cayes? I have family on AC, but it is very difficult to get information. I've spoken to the British Red Cross and they pointed me to: www.ifrc.org to have a look at the Emergency Appeal they have laid out. However, I have no idea what has been started and what they need help on. My mother (Natalie Palen) is a Red Cross volunteer and a nurse on AC and I want to be able to help without wasting energies going in the wrong direction. If anyone knows anything please let me know ( [email protected] )and I will try and badger and harrass people from the UK to help out quickly. Dave

[This message has been edited by Von (edited 10-16-2000).]

Dave, your mom has been working her butt off as I'm sure you know. That's Natilie.
Have you been in touch with her?
She could give you a good idea of what is still needed.

V
Von Offline OP
OP Offline
V
It's good to hear from someone who knows Mom. If you see her can you please let her know that Mandy and I are trying to help from this end. At the moment I am trying to see what has been done, what is being done and what needs to be done (and by whom). I've been speaking to the British Red Cross and they said they gave £100,000 and sent an appeal for more to the IFRC. The BRC didn't anticipate any problems getting the extra funds and support form the IFRC. I haven't heard much from Mom...communications are sporadic at best. I will try and call her tomorrow at her home number. Failing that, is there another phone number (say, one at the clinic if it is still standing) that you (or someone) could let me have?

Thanks, and good luck. Mom got word over here that the poorer parts of San Pedro were hit particularly bad...my heart goes out to them and I will see what I can do from here...

Dave

Dave...I'm gonna try to see her today. I have some other things to talk to her about and I will pass your message....and try to get another # for you.

V
Von Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Sandshaker...hi...has there been any word from/to Natalie? I just tried and failed to call her home number (it would be about 8am there). Dave

Dave....I never could find her yesterday.....I think she is still on a much needed leave. I'll keep looking though.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 280 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.