Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#10593 - 10/16/00 06:06 PM Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
Christopher Offline
Hopefully others will have some alternative ways to get the word to her...I am sure she is battling to get new contracts and worrying about her husband's travails, but HEY...she is the only person I know of that can get some immediate publicity and awareness for our situation. http://www.algonquin.com/marionjones/message.html

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 10-16-2000).]

#10594 - 10/16/00 06:27 PM Re: Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
Christopher Offline
This is an excerpt from her online chat on NBC...
My mother's family and my family is from Belize, so I'm actually half Belizean, and wanted to show my support for a country that doesn't get much recognition. I'm 100 percent American, but wanted to show support for the Belizean in me as well.

#10595 - 10/16/00 06:30 PM Re: Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
Christopher Offline
Marty! I posted my message and it came up twice, so I edited the second one and now the original is gone...any chance of recouping it?
I reconstructed it....thanks

#10596 - 10/16/00 06:53 PM Re: Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
Christopher Offline
You've always been an athletic inspiration to everyone with your smiling face, your incredible dedication, and your amazing athletic abilities.
When you won the first race in Sydney, we were all very proud, but when you got the flag of BELIZE along with the Stars and Stripes, it was a dream come true to see the flag of this little country get international recognition.
Seeing your beaming face and your mother's proud smile was an inspiration.
Now I ask you to take time and take advantage of your super high visibility on the world scene to please get people of the world to realize how terrible Hurrican Keith's damages have been to tiny BELIZE!
The Cayes have been devastated and the inland areas are still flooding as never before. This tiny and poor country is looking at over $200 million in damages and a paultry $1 million in aid has been pledged. The world press is NOT paying any attention to our plight and the public needs more information to get them to help.
Honduras got weeks of front page press due to the terrible loss of life there, but the loss of lively hoods, and the way of life for thousands of Belizeans has been almost as bad.
Please see it in your heart and schedule to have a press conference to aid your mother's homeland in this dire time of need.
Thank you...

#10597 - 10/16/00 07:08 PM Re: Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
Daemyon Offline
Gee, I wonder if she's a tad tired after all the media badgering, running her ass off and travel of the last two months or so...
Maybe she's as ragged as A.C. after her own personal 'whirlwind'!
Should the burdens of the ancestors be thrust upon one so young?

#10598 - 10/16/00 07:13 PM Re: Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
Marty Offline
sorry, i thought it was a duplicate, no way to recover it.
;<

#10599 - 10/16/00 09:32 PM Re: Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
Anonymous
Great idea!!! I've posted my plea on her (Maion's) site. I pray many more of us will follow!

belize7@earthlink.net

#10600 - 10/16/00 09:49 PM Re: Let's get some pressure on Marion Jones!
rafi312 Offline
Just an update.....even though Nike is notoriously greedy, we have contacted them because they are one of her sponsors. Maybe this will help a little as well.
Ryan

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.