Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Blue water grill does larger private parties and would be a beautiful spot. Food there is great.

You said you were going to get married at the Catholic Church, I have heard this can be difficult. Just wanted to make sure you make whatever arrangements are necessary (with them) so you can get your wedding in the Church. The Priests will not do weddings outside the Chruch - I have heard.

It all sounds so lovely, best wishes Indygal

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
S
S
Anyone have a list of which ones could actually cover 75 people a band and a dance floor? That would certainly narrow things down a bit.

Fidos
Blue Water
Ramons
???

Good point on the church indygal.

Better start working on the church. It could very well be your biggest challenge. Took us five months and two trips to get the arrangements made for our daughter and they none the less changed the ceremony time by three hours four days before. Also, be prepared for a VERY LONG Mass, VERY LONG. All being said, it was the best time that we've ever had in SP in the last twelve years.

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=008973;p=1#000015

three words:

talk to Iraida

she can answer any question, and/or facilitate everything. no way i'd get married in san pedro without her help
:>

you can email her at [email protected] or peek at http://BelizeWeddings.com

Marty is absolutely correct. The common wisdom in San Pedro is that if you are not local and want to get married in the SPRCC you will need to make those arrangements through Iraida. Even at that it can be a bit frustrating at times.

If you want to contact me through the board's mechanism feel free to do so. I can give you a lot of information that we need not plug up this forum with.

OP Offline
I've been in contact with Iraida with a few questions, but we're still feeling out the idea of a wedding in SP and haven't for sure committed yet so I haven't "hired" Iraida yet. Does anyone know how Iraida charges? Hourly or as a % of budget?

CHOOCHOO...I was looking at contacting you to find out more info, but couldn't find out how to contact you. It doesn't appear as if I can Private Message you from your profile page. Let me know how to contact you, or you can PM me from my profile page. thx

Good Morning folks, and congrats to the wedding party,
Simon is right, there are only a few places (restaurants) that could handle that size. But
here's a thought, since sometimes the hotels need a number of rooms, and I know when I got married, some of my guests wanted the Ritz-Carlton and some wanted the motel 6, what if you got a house at which to host the party and accomodate some of the group, then the rest of the party would be free to stay at a variety of hotels on the island. Then your options open wide: O'farrell in town, any of the fantastic private homes South and North, Casa Manana, or one of (Caye Management)Mary Hawthorne's palaces, Mary Hitchcock's M&M rentals has got some great options I bet...
Oh, and I might be a catering option, but I am unable to hold more than 54 people at the restaurant, thanks for the mention, Vicki!
With all due respect to everyone I forgot to plug,
Chris
Casa Picasso

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Man, that Beachy is a SMART boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you about the catholic church thing, although we did have a couple come down from Texas with 70 guests who had their ceremony there.
There are a few places (private) where you could host a reception, and I would definantly recommend Chris and (especially wink ) Jenn to cater. You simply will not find more attention to details, better tempered, easier to work with people, AND the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Chris, I'm not "giving you a mention", I'm just telling it straight. (That said....... would someone please bring me a doggy bag?????????)

bennyboy96,

Hmmmm, used to be you could forward an email through the administrator which would keep your email address off the board and allow a private connection if one so desired. I don't see that available. I turned on personal messaging (I think)

OP Offline
CHOOCHOO...just PM'd you.

Anyone have any idea how many people Capricorn could hold for something like this? I know they have the patio/beach area and i'd imagine they could set up tables out there. Does anyone know if Fido's could be reserved for something like this?

A house and catering is also an interesting idea we'll have to consider. Thanks everyone for the help!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.