Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#106285 - 07/25/05 04:57 PM Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
captjeff Offline
Well fishing fans, here is the skinny on reef fishing in July.[july 5 to the 11 ] Fished for four days, heat and humidity index about 1000 degrees, well hotter than hell. No wind, lots of sun. Very warm water temps. Fished with Capt Juan Alamilla, and mate Pete, and Capt Franciso Verde, two of San Pedro's best fisherman/guides. all my fishing days are booked thru fishingsanpedro.com steve from coconet internet cafe he is manager/ fishing tour director tel in belize..011 501 2262835 for info he will be very helpful and plan your days and tours with best local guides.... Fishing day one and two was hot and heavy. We caught yellow tail snapper, some grouper, cuda, and lots of sharks. We never keep shark and threw back most grouper. We keep all snapper to feed lots of hungry people in Belize. We only fished half a day as it was very hot with no breeze. We went south of Crab Islands about 30 miutes from San Pedro. Both days fishing was good to very good. We filled the cooler up by 11am. The next two days were just ok as the fish did not want to eat... maybe the water temp or who knows what, but fishing was a slow pick at best, lots of throw backs and small fish. And very very hot. We had lots of local boys fishing with us. They just loved the action. To take a kid fishing is a blessing. The weather did not bother the locals, just us gringos. All and all a nice four days... not great fishing, but fun. San Pedro still is a great place to fish and cheap prices compared to the states.

My food report was my usual places, great pizza at Paulys, yum yum... Estelle still rules for breakfast... fried jacks, ham and cheese omelette, great home fried potatoes, good coffee. Another spot for dinner is Elvies. Stain Glass Pub was closed, as well as Jade Garden chinese restaurant, but dinner at Taste of Thailand was just fabulous. Went to eat twice at the restaurant at Coconuts Hotel / in their restaurant was told to check out the sweet chicken wings appetizer. I did and they were the best wings I ever tasted... I got hooked on them, and dinner was also a very good meal with lobster and garlic sauce, and rice and beans. A tidy ticket and a very good meal. Went twice with Steve and Govikes. They turned me on to Coconuts. Another food find is Jimmys chinese take out just opened across the street from Royal Palm Resort... very good take out and a nice extensive menu with very reasonable prices, and the owner/chef will custom cook any dish you wish as she speaks perfect English and is happy to please....

My evening sail on the Lady Sharon was a winner. Cool breeze, very nice sunset, lots of booze. Got to meet some sweet, fun people. Got to meet The Magoos, p/k knowell, travelqueen and her friend ke/kelly, and texas gal, texas 34, johnboy, windjammer. Capt Tom Vidran ran the boat, jergan was bartender, entertainment was dallas dave and james. A great cruise. I went with some locals and two of my best friends in San Pedro... Steve Demaio, owner of Coconets Internet Cafe/Tours, and the gorgeous Suzy/govikes. A fun time was had by all. Got to see a beautiful sunset that only God could have made. All in all a great five days in pardise. A living the dream five days.
A nice mutton snapper caught by one of my kids crew
A pesky nurse shark caught and released by the kid crew A nice nassau grouper
My buddy Steve from coconut internet cafe with a big mother yellow tail
Steve again with a cuda
Travel queen, Steve, and go vikes at the dock waiting for me with liquid refreshment

#106286 - 07/25/05 05:03 PM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
Gela Offline
Great report as always CaptJeff. So when will you be there in August laugh

#106287 - 07/25/05 05:10 PM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
captjeff Offline
Gela my love it is not in the cards ,for august.as I have some business commitments and then some medical issues that I need to take care of..may not get to live the dream till december or early next year god be willing.....

#106288 - 07/25/05 05:54 PM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
Ernie B Offline
So, tell me Capt Jeff, was it hot?

#106289 - 07/25/05 06:13 PM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
GAY AND DAVID Offline
Not to worry jeff, i will take your place as "the pescadora magnifica" laugh

(can you still stand me and my fishing blister???)

#106290 - 07/25/05 08:07 PM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
captjeff Offline
ernie it was so hot the mosquito's where putting on sunblock .thank god the love shack has real ice cold air condtioning .and ice cold beer.. but .. it was a great five days...

#106291 - 07/25/05 08:16 PM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
mobunny Offline
Great report and pics Capt Jeff. Did you notice if Jimmy's has any vegetarian options? That will be close for us since we are at Mata Rocks this itme. kisses, mo

#106292 - 07/25/05 08:25 PM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
captjeff Offline
mo my love yes she has lots ..but she can make you special ones she is real cool ....

#106293 - 07/26/05 01:48 AM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
NYgal Offline
Please take care of yourself....Nice report, captjeff smile

#106294 - 07/26/05 11:25 AM Re: Capt Jeff July Fishing, Food and Party Report
Now Danny Offline
Great report and pics, thanks for taking the time to share. cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (ragman, samalvey), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.