Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#106688 - 07/29/05 11:25 PM Easier phoning home for visitors
Marty Offline
BTL ANNOUNCES START OF 'UNREGISTERED ROAMING' SERVICE

Belize Telecommunications Limited announced yesterday the start of an 'unregistered roaming' service. The new service allows a visitor to Belize to use their mobile phones, even though those phones are not registered and do not use the same technology as BTL. An attempt to use an unregistered phone will connect the caller to a voice recording that will offer the choice of a collect or credit card call. When a choice is made, a live operator comes on line and handles the call. The new service is intended to make it easier for tourists and traveling business people to call home.

#106689 - 07/29/05 11:28 PM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
Anonymous
Cool - when does this start? Rates?

#106690 - 07/29/05 11:43 PM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
sassnfun Offline
My NOKIA phone is suppose to work in Mexico (1.49 minute)and Belize (3.50 a minute) sure hope this plan is cheaper then 3.50 ...it did show the areas it would work in Belize but thats a lot of dinero per minute!

#106691 - 07/30/05 03:27 AM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
Gwennan Offline
I saw this too. I think I'll stick to cell phone rental or calling cards. However, it's nice to know that there is this option in case of emergency!!!

#106692 - 07/30/05 04:14 AM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
sassnfun Offline
What is the average per minute charge using a calling card in Belize???

#106693 - 07/30/05 04:17 AM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
holidaz Offline
Marty i was recently in San Pedro and used my credit card to call home to Louisiana using BTL . Boy was i a fool. Connect fee is 28.95 and 3.50 us. a min. My 6 calls cost me over 2 hundred dollars so be aware. Yes this was throu BTL but the charges were handled by a company in Longview Tx. I learned fast at these cost to use the phone at the internet cafe on front street. 1 dollar Belize permin. Thanks to Steve i was able to buy a few more Beers.

#106694 - 07/30/05 02:22 PM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
captjeff Offline
I agree go to coconet internet cafe next to manelys ice cream in town ,50 cents us a min .thats cheap as hell..and no hassles .the real deal..

#106695 - 07/30/05 06:51 PM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
sassnfun Offline
I heard Coconets was the best on internet usage also, it sure beats the hell out of the cell at 3.50 a minute!we are driving down so in case of break down it is worth it without other options available...

#106696 - 07/30/05 08:00 PM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
Marty Offline
yeah, who knows how it will work out. calling cards are the best way now.

holidaz, i got hit thataway once on phone costs too. it was worse than from Cuba. calling cards mo betta.

#106697 - 07/30/05 10:06 PM Re: Easier phoning home for visitors
sassnfun Offline
Marty how much better are the cards and do you need to use Belize cards, or can I use a card from the states? some of those cards are a rip off also with surcharges I found Sams clubs are the best here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 91 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.