Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#106828 07/31/05 02:20 PM
D
dook Offline OP
OP Offline
D
does anyone know the Sunday schedule of the ADO GL bus from Cancun, Mx to Chetumal, Mx? Thanks

I just received my Bus across MExico book yesterday - here is the schedule for you. We're taking this in Nov.

Cancun - ADO first class daily - 00.30, 06:30, 08:00, 12:00, 15:00, 17:00, 23:00. TT 5:00 $21.

ADO -- GL. Delux Class - Daily TT 5:00 $20

obviously this is military time for some reason and I don't know what the TT stands for. I haven't listened to the cd that came with the book. hope this helps.

Fish never hold their breath - Cheers to the Fish!
D
dook Offline OP
OP Offline
D
tweedybear - thank you so much! i have been looking for reliable information on this for a long time. i really appreciate it. how strange that the ADO GL only leaves once a day at ?5am? does your book say what the differences are between GL and 1st class? Are you taking the bus from Cancun to Chetumal to get to Ambergris? we will be going in early December. Thanks again. smile cool laugh

www.ticketbus.mx (did a search for this site - nothing showed up)
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun_bus.php - these were sites posted for me before I received the book.
Mexico On-line Bus Schedules web site however I select the trip but the last column (perhaps the date for I don't know Spanish) won't go through -perhaps Nov. is too far off. If you figure it out, let me know. Hope this helps you. I've been informed to take a taxi From Chetemal to Corozal if you're flying otherwise you can walk across the border taking another bus. We're all here to learn and help.

R
R
The website for the Mexican bus system is

www.ticketbus.com.mx

R
R
There are quite a few taxi services for the Chetumal-Corazol trip. I have found the following people to be very reliable, and helpful:

George and Ester Moralez [email protected]
Phone: 501-4222485

They will meet you at the bus terminal in Chetumal, take you through immigration and customs,then on to the airstrip at Corazol.
Their charge is U.S.$40 per trip.
You just need to select your bus trip to ensure that you arrive in Chetumal, say 1 1/2 hours before a Tropicair flight from Corazol to San Pedro(or where-ever) - you need this time for getting though the border and travelling to the airstrip. Check this time with George, though.

A bus (Novelo's/Northern Transport) is also not a bad way to cross the border. With the exception of I think one or two early morning buses, the Belize buses stop at the main ADO terminal in Chet, roughly hourly during the day, and then take you to border, wait while you go through customs/immigration -- usually you don't have to remove your luggage -- and then take you on to Coro. After a brief stop at the Coro terminal, you go on south and assuming you're on a local can get off at the airstrip. I believe the fare Chet-Coro is still Us$1.50, or maybe $2.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
This is good to know - I'll use them in Nov.

I'm catching a 4:30 PM flight out of Cancun on Wednesday.
According to my taxi driver who is taking me from Corozal to Chetumal, I can not make this in time if I go on the first Tropic Flight from San Pedro Wednesday morning.
So, I'll either have to spend Tuesday night in Chetumal, Playa del Carmen or Cancun.
How is the late-night bus from Chetumal to Cancun?
Or, should I just make the bus trip in daylight hours after spending the night in Chetumal? My taxi driver says if I take the 8:30 am bus out of Chetumal I should be able to make the 4:30 flight in Cancun, but I hate to cut it too close.
Any suggestions, recommendations where to stay, etc.?
Thanks

S
S
We did the Chetumal bus to Cancun leaving Chetumal at 6am and arrived in Cancun before 1pm. The bus from Cancun main station to the airport takes about 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic.

In Chetumal we stayed at the Hotel Marlon for under $50 for 3 of us:

Hotel Marlon
Av. Juárez 87, Chetumal, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Phone: 983/832-9411 or 983/832-9522

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.