Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#106892 08/02/05 07:58 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I have been reading this board for the past few months and am going to make my 3rd trip to AC in October. Our main entertainment will be fishing, but we do like to spend a couple of day either being idle or doing a day trip.

Because of the things I have read here, I am probably going to book a trip on the Lady Sharon for the Blue Hole snorkle tour.

I also want to do the cave tubing but am real hesitant.

My question is to those who have experianced the cave tubing. How small are the caves that you tube through? I hate to admit this but, I have a touch of claustrophobia. Generally if there is a high roof and the temps are cool I am okay. I really think this trip looks fun, I love tubing and swimming and I absolutely love zoos, but I am nervous about the caves.

Thank you

#106893 08/02/05 08:23 AM
A
A
I didn't think the caves were that shallow...plenty of room to breathe. There was always fresh air so I didn't feel like I was trapped, and I think most of the time you could see a little daylight. This is not to say that there were not a few dark, shallow areas though.

I would highly recommend it. The zoo is amazing too. You get to come much closer to the animals than any other zoo in the states. It's great!!!

#106894 08/02/05 10:52 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Thank you for the info. I think I can breath easier now. smile

#106895 08/02/05 03:55 PM
M
M
We went last year for the Cave Tubing and Horseback riding in the rain forest. One day trip from Ambergris Caye by boat. Quite an adventure for a day. They even fed us between Rain Forest and Tubing. Very Nice! I found the caves to be very open and roomy. Never a point where you felt enclosed. Definitely recommended!

#106896 08/02/05 05:15 PM
My husband and I went cave tubing on our vacation to AC. First I was hesitant as I am claustrophic, but he really wanted to go. I had no problem. We went in May when the water level was low, just before the rain season. There were places where we had to get up and carry the tubes, but other than that it was pretty awesome. Lunch was fantastic before tubing. We did hit the zoo before and it was the best zoo I have ever seen. Very glad I went. Highly recommend it. It is a lot of fun!

#106897 08/02/05 07:26 PM
I also have done the tubing/zoo trip,loved it! the water is quite cool and refreshing especially after the little hike you have to take to get to the cave entrance. Besure to rememeber your water shoes or flip flops, it is quite rocky(smooth but can leave your feet sore with out them).The zoo was ok. Saw several animals I had never even heard of before.

#106898 08/03/05 09:24 AM
T
T
There is also a new cave tubing/zip lining trip as an alternative to the zoo. A lot of people did the zip lining and had a great time. The zoo was nice but I wish I had done the more adrenaline pumping activity.

The cave tubing is incredible, the entry point is beautiful a great opportunity for photos. (Bring your underwater camera or waterproof case)

#106899 08/03/05 11:01 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Thank you all for your responses. I feel much better about taking this trip. I never realized I had a problem until my husband and I went to Ruby Falls in GA. It is a 100 foot water fall in a cave. What they don't tell you is you practically have to go spelunking to get there. eek I was fine when we got to the falls, but getting there was iffy. From the sound of everyone, this trip will not be a problem for me.

Terrapin, I think I will stick with the zoo. I am old, fat and out of shape. I don't need any more adrenaline. laugh

Thanks again
Joanne

#106900 08/04/05 09:53 AM
Yes, the roof is high and the temp is cool. Loads of fun. We went in June - lots of rain so the water depth was fine. We highly recommend the trips offered by Tropic Air. Its a great operation and you are just about guaranteed to be the only folks on that trip, so no crowds and your guide is yours alone. The zoo was great. It well surpassed my expectations. And the Old Belize Museum was really interesting. cool

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.