Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Any thoughts on whether I should plan to overnight in BZE rather than AC if I have an 11:30 a.m. flight home?

If so, can you recommend a place? thanks.

There is really no need to stay in BZ City the night before your departure unless you want to. The flights to BZE star at 7AM so you can take an 8 or 9AM one and get there in plenty of time for your 11:30 departure with the 2 hr check in time required.

If you want to go over early and see a bit of the city, I recommend The Biltmore (closest to the airport), The Raddison, The Great House as potential places to stay.

I agree, the 9am will get you to BZE with more than enough time.

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the info. Would you suggest spending a day in BZ City and seeing the sites or staying on AC that extra day?
I'm traveling alone (female)--will that pose a problem in BZ City?

I agree with ke, 9am is plenty of time! I'd reccomend staying an extra day in AC!

Either way but there is not a whole lot to see in BZ City - a nice cathedral, some museums. No real problems traveling alone as long as you keep to the populated places.

Barbara's recommendations are spot on. I'd add Villa Boscardi and D'Nest Inn between downtown and the international airport. But there's no need to overnight in Belize City unless you want to.

You can fill an afternoon in the Fort George area. The Museum of Belize is especially worthwhile. Visiting Belize City, even briefly, does give you a perspective on the country that you don't get in a resort area like San Pedro.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I used to travel to AC alone...always wanted more days in AC, Spend it there!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.