Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#107205 - 08/12/05 03:39 AM Get Off!
SimonB Offline
If you're coming down in the next few weeks I suggest bringing your own insect repellant. Most stores that I went to today were sold out due to the number of mosquitoes over the last week or so.

The town spraying is helping but best to bring your own as supply is down right now.

#107206 - 08/12/05 04:43 AM Re: Get Off!
weile Offline
The barges are bringing in supplies right now, and most stores should have off! on their shelves tomorrow, Friday.
... and deed has been proven to have no side effects whatsoever unless you're allergic. In other words as safe as peanuts, but it doesn't make you fat and is a helluva lot more efficicient against dengue and malaria.

#107207 - 08/12/05 05:24 AM Re: Get Off!
Or Offline
There is really good stuff you can get in Whole Foods or other health food store in the U.S "All Terrain Company" Herbal Armor Lotion. i have talked to the island supermarket and they may try to carry it. But for now bring it with if you can. Also on San Pedro at Hopes Pharmacy (middle st. almost across BTL they carry something called Cactus juice i find that stuff to works too, great for kids.

#107208 - 08/12/05 06:45 AM Re: Get Off!
Kra-Z-K Offline
IF ANYONE FROM THE STATES IS COMING AND GOING TO THE STORE FOR OFF(I RECOMMEND THE NON-SCENTED SPRAY OR LOTION WHILE ON VACATION!) IF YOU BRING AN EXTRA BOTTLE I WILL GLADLY BUY IT FROM YOU AND BUY YOU A BELIKEN OR TWO...

EVEN BETTER, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY AFTER BITE? IF YOU BUY THAT I GUESS I OWE YOU YET ANOTHER BELIKEN, WOULD LOVE TO FIND AFTER INSECT BITE STUFF.

#107209 - 08/12/05 01:46 PM Re: Get Off!
diane&greg Offline
We arrive on the 25th. I would be happy to bring some extra bottles of OFF, or whatever, for whoever needs it.

#107210 - 08/13/05 01:11 AM Re: Get Off!
Gwennan Offline
KE -

#107211 - 08/13/05 01:12 AM Re: Get Off!
Gwennan Offline
OOPS - I pressed the wrong button there! ke I am getting ready to send out a package to my friends in SP, I'll be happy to send you bug spray... just send me a pm for details... smile

#107212 - 08/13/05 07:04 PM Re: Get Off!
Valentina Offline
OMG! Tell me about it! I came back with 32 bites all over me, that have now left scars! And that was with TWO different kinds of spray stuff, including 32% straight DEET!!!

#107213 - 08/13/05 07:06 PM Re: Get Off!
Valentina Offline
Oh, I do know a little trick I taught myself: AFTER you have been bitten (when it is too late! lol) I use OXY-10 cream (for pimples) on the bites, it not only stops the itching, they go down about 50% overnight!!!! Just thought I would share that with everyone.

#107214 - 08/14/05 01:28 AM Re: Get Off!
Kra-Z-K Offline
hey there, thanks for that offer, but I do not think you can send that in a package. I believeit is not allowed cause I remember when I was in the states that was on the list. I REALLY want to thank you for your offer, it is very kind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,359 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.