Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#107279 - 08/15/05 10:07 AM How crowded is Ambergris?
DonnaF Offline
I really hate to ask such a dumb question! But when 9000 people were evacuated from AC before Emily, I began to wonder just how crowded is this place?

Why do I ask??

I love people, but I hate crowds.

Some of you are saying there are 9000 people in my office building. Well, there are only 10,000 people in my whole home town!

SO, we are debating between Placencia and AC - or splitting this time with maybe 3 nights each. Plus we will have 5 nights in the Cayo area.

For our beach time, we will certainly be snorkeling, maybe some fishing, but for my down time of doing nothing but relaxing on the beach - will it be body to body on the beach?! I guess I have fears of Cancun or Jamaica or even that tiny little Dominican Republic area where you can't step on the beach without tripping over someone!

A crowd at a restaurant or bar is not a problem, unless it means long lines to get a table.

I am leaning toward booking Mata Rocks for this portion.

Help me to get a sense of this area, please.

#107280 - 08/15/05 10:18 AM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
Now Danny Offline
Not to worry. cool

#107281 - 08/15/05 10:23 AM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
njmichael Offline
Don't worry, AC is nothing like Cancun. The only times I saw anything even approaching a crowd is when the ferry from the mainland would arrive, and they generally dispersed quickly or hung out on the piers waiting for the dive trips.

Otherwise, unless someplace is having a barbeque or something, you never have to worry about large crowds.

#107282 - 08/15/05 12:17 PM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
Barbara K Offline
AC is not all that crowded (by other tourist place standards) but Placencia is less crowded for sure.

#107283 - 08/15/05 12:17 PM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
reaper Offline
DonnaF, Hang out in San Pedro for a weekend and enjoy the night life, great food and the town, and then head to Placencia for a slice of peaceful paradise. Easy to do and both spots are great in their own way. cool

#107284 - 08/15/05 06:09 PM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
sandb Offline
There are three hotels in Las Vegas that each have more rooms than all of AC has...

#107285 - 08/15/05 07:57 PM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
Absolutely packed. Can't move for all the geckos and land crabs.

#107286 - 08/16/05 08:24 AM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
Denny Shane Offline
Donna, of all the times I've been down to AC, the words packed, over-crowded, a mob scene has never entered my mind. The major rush hour grid-lock is usually caused by ducks out for a walk in the afternoon.

You're going to be fine Donna... eek

#107287 - 08/16/05 06:43 PM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
bamj Offline
Just came back from AC.
We did not even see people on our walk into town. We had a great time. Food was delicious. Fishing was great.

#107288 - 08/16/05 07:22 PM Re: How crowded is Ambergris?
indygal Offline
Oh I saw a crowd once, it was a parade of children. We could not move down the street, had to just stand and watch the children with smiles ear to ear.
Dear Donna, I have been to Cancun and Playa del Carmen, both have beautiful beaches, as long as you do not mind being elbow to elbow with strangers.
Enjoy Belize laugh
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.