Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BDinAZ Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We got back a week ago from SP and I'm finally getting my heart and brain back to reality.

What a great trip we had for my wife's 50th birthday. The island was everything and more than we had expected.

We had great weather for 8 days the only real rain came the day we went to Shark Alley and the water was pretty choppy.(but still managed some decent pics)

Only real complaint was the Belikins went down too easy!

Some brief observations:

First a special thanks to KLC and others for the info on Banana Beach. It indeed is all good, and their staff is a fun group of hard working people who make you feel at home. We both concluded if we were 20+/- years younger, we might want to be closer to town but for us the location was perfect. We walked into town along the beach 4 of the 8 days and it took about 15-20 min. Otherwise it is a short $5 taxi ride.
The Squirrel's Nest bar next door at Mata Rocks was a favorite hang out and our favorite bar. You are right on the beach and on the water. Great atmosphere and wonderful people on both sides of the bar.
Our visit to SAGA was well worth the time spent and you come away wanting to take about 100 little 4 legged friends back home with you.
Bumping around through SP town was a great experience and the people were some of the friendliest we have ever met anywhere.
In all a truly wonderful trip. As my wife said, if you have to turn 50 somewhere- it doesn't get much better than this.
I wish we would have discovered SP a few years earlier as progress is on the move. I can't imagine what the place was like 5 or 10 years ago as the locals told us of all the changes just in the past 6-12 months. May it find a way to keep it's charm and natural beauty.

We have a zillion pictures to post and I need to sort through them and find all the G-rated ones. eek
They are all candid, probably boring, but a good overview of our first experience on AC.

Again, thanks to all here who helped with their knowledge and advice. It was a blast.

another happy camper..... laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
laugh Yup cool wink

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I give you just less than two weeks before you start planning your return trip!
Thanks for the report and get those pics up wink

Can't wait to see all the pics. cool

here we go another living the dream team member..glad you got to live it..

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.