Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#107594 - 08/25/05 01:32 PM North Vs South
Dizi-B Offline
We'll be staying on the north end at Costa Maya Reef Resort, sept 3-10.
What's there to do on the north end or does all the fun take place on the south end???
Is there any good eating joints on the north end?
Can't WAIT!!! to get there.
never been before, we've always vacationed in the Carribean (St Thomas, St John, Virgin Gorda, etc)

#107595 - 08/25/05 08:02 PM Re: North Vs South
Sandbender Offline
Costa Maya is WAY up north, a gorgeous resort, great beach: nice place to hang out & read. Also the tour operators will pick you up there, so diving & snorkeling are right at your door.

However, getting in and out of town has been a problem for some guests. I recently heard a couple complain that their flight got in after 3:00 and Costa Maya wouldn't pick them up.

Island Ferry will get you into town every 2 hours for $15 BZ one way (I think, I have my own boat).

There aren't many other restaurants nearby either except the one at the resort - Portofino has awesome food, but it's quite a hike...
Next closest is Mata Chica & Rojo which are not walking distance. There is NO night life up there, no shops, only the one bar (but it has a laugh pool table & dart board).

You can rent a golf cart up there too, and get around the area easily, but it's about an hour ride into town, depending on how many bars you stop at on the way. Big Grin]

#107596 - 08/26/05 12:44 AM Re: North Vs South
Kra-Z-K Offline
Costa Maya is beautiful. If you want to be out of town and more privacy, stay there. If you want to be close to everything in town, then stay in town. Use Island Ferry to get to Costa Maya if they won't pick you up and to and from town, they run until 2am on Wed, Fri, Sat. Maybe Thur too. All other nights midnight. You can also hire them to do a charter at any time for you.

Oh, and have to mention very attractive drivers at Island Ferry too!

#107597 - 08/26/05 10:37 AM Re: North Vs South
Dizi-B Offline
Sounds like I better buy some groceries and books before I get to the north side huh????

WOW, if there wern't already reservations made, I'd be moving further south!!
Sounds like I'm going to have a problem on Saturday when I need to leave the resort at 7am :-(

#107598 - 08/26/05 06:14 PM Re: North Vs South
Kra-Z-K Offline
you can hire them for an early pickup

#107599 - 08/29/05 06:23 PM Re: North Vs South
ScubaLdy Offline
If you are leaving at 7 AM it sounds like you have booked something???
Whatever - whoever - should pick you up.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#107600 - 08/29/05 10:16 PM Re: North Vs South
Dizi-B Offline
we have a flight booked out of san pedro/tropic air back to belize and will be leaving the north end..............any suggestions?

#107601 - 08/29/05 10:25 PM Re: North Vs South
Dizi-B Offline
Can we hire someone to pick us up 6 miles up on the north end (Costa Maya Resort)before the water taxi's start running?? & if so does anyone have a contact number they would give me.
We have to catch the tropic air flight leaving at 9am in order to get to the belize airport within the 2 hour deadline to fly back home.

#107602 - 08/30/05 12:42 PM Re: North Vs South
GBZ39 Offline
You could always leave for BC a day earlier to insure you get your plane connection out.

#107603 - 08/31/05 01:05 AM Re: North Vs South
Kra-Z-K Offline
yes, call island ferry and schedule a pick up. 226-3231.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (cracked up, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.