Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108207 09/16/05 02:47 PM
OP Offline
My buddy and I will be at Ambergris Caye from Dec 3 to Dec 10, 2005. This will be my first trip to AC. Were both Pro drivers (Dive Instructor and Dive Master).

Any suggestion on dive site. Blue hole is already on my list.

We're diving with Ambergris Divers. Any feed back about this dive outfit?

I keep reading about BC's BBQ on Sunday and somthing about must be there before 11am. What's special about this place?

I appreciate any info

Thanks
Roel

#108208 09/17/05 09:14 PM
S
S
Is a Master Diver a Pro?...haven't made a dime...

#108209 09/18/05 10:03 AM
W
W
Vernacular varies somewhat organization to organization, but Roel is correct in his statements. There is a difference (confusing I realize to many people) between "Dive Master" and "Master Diver"

(again, the below definition varies somewhat based on the certification organization)

Dive Master - professional level diver trained and certified to guide other certified divers on dive tours and to assist with teaching scuba certifications while supervised be a full instructor. Must have current liability insurance for the above activities.

Master Diver - non-professional level of recreational diver. Usually takes a minimum of 50-100 dives, along with various prerequisite courses such as advanced and/or rescue diver courses.

All that aside, I know many "professional" dive masters who haven't made a dime either... wink

~~~~~~
As to Roel's questions, I'll take a stab at it, and there are plenty of others to suggest or comment here.

Dive Sites - Blue Hole you mentioned, I was also fond of Half Moon Caye Wall, and heard Elbow if good. As for closer in sites, they all vary somewhat site to site, but quality is in the same general category of the sites I've had experience with. Lots of Spur and Groove coral formations, a few swim throughs, great diving on the whole.

Ambergris Divers - I haven't dove with this organization, so don't have any direct feedback. I haven't heard any negative reports, which usually surface more quickly than positive ones.

BBQ at BC's - I'll let a current local chime in on this activity.

~ MJ

((one of these days I'll learn to spellcheck BEFORE I post, especially early am Sunday))

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.