Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#108210 - 09/17/05 12:25 AM Blue Tang Inn
TXWOMAN Offline
We are planning our honeymoon in AC in Nov. I just started looking for places. This will be our first trip to Belize. Any comments on Blue Tang Inn? We are looking for a place with a view of the beach, Air conditioning, clean, and close to town.

#108211 - 09/17/05 03:10 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
Ruuster Offline
Hi TX,

My wife and I stayed at Blue Tang Inn in May. We loved it. We won a stay there as a grand prize. The room we stayed in was on the third floor in the middle and was quite big (room 12 - ocean view). The rooms have nice kitchen areas which can come in handy even though we did very little cooking. Our A/C had a little trouble keeping up with the mid 90's heat, but it's one of the biggest rooms. Others' said their rooms were plenty cool. The rooms weren't extravegant but comfortable and clean.

The groundskeepers were always busy and the grounds were quaint and beautiful. The pool is small, but the area was very private and was wonderful. A great meeting place for the quests and a must for cooling off. We met everyone whose stay overlaped ours and shared many activities with them.

Carol and Fannie in the office were very nice and helpful. The housekeepers provided continental breakfast in the morning before starting room cleaning. The fresh squeezed orange juice and the fruit was great, the rest was nothing special, so don't fill up when there are very good breakfast spot right down the beach.

I don't know what your expectations are, but noone we were around was disappointed. They all seem very pleased too.

The heart of town is just a short walk (a few blocks.)

Hope this helps.

Stan

#108212 - 09/17/05 03:21 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
TXWOMAN Offline
Thanks! We are fairly simple people just looking for a nice place to stay where we can find a cold beer, friendly people and a beautiful beach. Not interested in paying big $$ for a fancy resort that keeps you away from locals.

#108213 - 09/17/05 03:36 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
seashell Offline
I think the Blue Tang is a great place, especially the front units on the third floor. That said, the "beautiful beach" aspect may not be what you have in mind.

#108214 - 09/17/05 03:42 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
JeanH Offline
We stayed at the Blue Tang a couple years ago during our first trip to Belize. We had no complaints. That said, since then, we have discovered that we can get a one bedroom condo at The Palms or Belizean Reef for about the same money.

#108215 - 09/20/05 11:16 PM Re: Blue Tang Inn
tweedybear Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TXWOMAN:
Thanks! We are fairly simple people just looking for a nice place to stay where we can find a cold beer, friendly people and a beautiful beach. Not interested in paying big $$ for a fancy resort that keeps you away from locals.
You might check with Coral Villas - Studio's are $99. right on the beach. Bikes & kayaks are provided. We're staying there in Nov. Has a well equipped kitchen although I don't plan to cook that much. Will be engrossed with scuba lessons.

#108216 - 09/21/05 01:03 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
marge Offline
From what I understand, there is NO beautiful beaches like in Cancun. It's full of sea grass.

#108217 - 09/21/05 02:54 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
spl Offline
of course there are! that's rediculous! Go north of the cut, the beaches are beautiful or if you want to walk south Victoria house's beach is gorgeous.

#108218 - 09/21/05 04:56 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
taagbu Offline
My husband and I stayed at Blue Tang last year. It is a nice place and the staff are wonderful, however, the beach is not very pretty. We prefer to stay north of the cut. Not as convenient, but more peaceful and beautiful.

#108219 - 09/22/05 04:05 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
TXWOMAN Offline
I understand that the beaches aren't like the most beautiful in the world. I'll take calmer beaches with out all the glitz of Cancun.

I definately don't plan to cook while there. But we do need a fridge to keep our beer cold!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (hazzyy, Jameela01, Marty, 2 invisible), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,083 Topics
462,384 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.