We stayed at Xanadu last May. It seems to fit the bill you listed below. We cooked a big breakfast everymorning and it is close (100 feet to a small grocery.) to food and town. Free bikes for all free kayaks and a pool. Check out our trip report at http://www.dave-lori-home.com/belize%20travel.htm
for plenty of pictures of the other resorts and info.
Originally posted by poolgirl:
Help! I'm getting confused with all the reading and research I am doing on AC. This is our 1st trip (March 2006). I would love some advice from you seasoned AC visitors. We will be taking our kids (14 yrs. - boy; 11 yrs. - girl). We have been considering Ramons, The Palms, Exotic Caye..do any of these fit better than the others based on what we are looking for? Here is our list...
- close to town
- private bedroom (for my husband & I)
- a kitchenette or at a minimum a frig
- snokeling - my kids love to just get in the water and snokel at their leisure (although we will be scheduling some snorkel/drive trips)
- an on-property bar (love the convenience & love to meet people)
- air conditioning (do we need this)?