Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Today is Belize Independence Day, On September 21, 1981 Belize gained independence from Great Britain.

http://SanPedroDaily.com

so enjoy!!!

Happy Independence Day!!!

G
G
Wish I could have stayed an extra week...already heard all about Lord Laro, Byron Lee, Oscar G, Supa G, and even what will happen tonight at Putt Putt!!!

Happy Independence Day Belize!

S
S
If this year's celebrations are any indication of what we'll see in future years I would take the opportunity to plan your off season vacation around Independence day.

The block party was a huge success with entertainment, food and drink all the way along Front Street. The fireworks at midnight were spectacular, assisted by no breeze, no clouds and a 3/4 moon (the fireworks were exploding right in front of the moon.) The clubs started hopping around 2 and Big Daddy's was still going strong at 6:30 in the morning. There's nothing like Ruby's breakfast after a long night on the town.

The parade on Wednesday afternoon had a great turn out this year and from front to back took half an hour to 45 minutes to pass depending where you were. Kudos to all the dancers who were still going strong after almost 3 hours in the hot sun, many who were on only a few hours sleep. Barry would have been a happy camper, one float I talked to had gone through 20 cases of beer in 2 hours and they were one of the smaller ones.

All in all it was a fantastic celebration of Belize's independence and worth the effort to come down and join in.

Everything was amazing! I was proud to be here during Belize Independence Day and so happy to see everyone's spirit!

For those of you interested in seeing part of the parade I have put together some of my pics:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/keliasst/detail?.dir=f637&.dnm=b134.jpg&.src=ph

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.