Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#109232 - 10/09/05 05:32 AM Totally unknowledgeable
CA Jen Offline
My DH and I decided tonight at dinner that we might like to take our vacation next summer to AC. Where do we begin? My pressing question for now is, how the heck do we get there from California?

We will be diving, probably staying 2 weeks. And that is as far as we have gotten.

HELP!

#109233 - 10/09/05 11:49 AM Re: Totally unknowledgeable
Denny Shane Offline
hey jen, welcome to the board. You've taken the first step. Now what you need to do is to take your "we might like to....AC" statement and move it over to the "we ARE" column... lol

Your pressing question is actually the easiest to answer. You can get there from CA very easy... either TACA or Continental will get you there, via Houston.

Once you arrive in Belize you need to have air transfers to get you from the mainland to AC. The only problem you will have is trying to pick out a place to stay from the many really cool hotels, etc. to stay at during your vacation. eek

#109234 - 10/09/05 06:18 PM Re: Totally unknowledgeable
Pam&Dave Offline
Hello Jen
Tropic Air (800)447-2931 or Maya Island Air (800)225-6732 will get you from mainland to AC. We are flying out of San Francisco on Continental in November. Keep "visiting" this message board as questions come up regarding your future trip to AC. See... you are going for sure now! I have spent the last two days reading and writing on this board. It is AWESOME! The "locals" are the greatest bunch. Really helpful. They have so much fun giving each other a hard time, but most don't take things too seriously!
Bye for now, Pam

#109235 - 10/09/05 06:26 PM Re: Totally unknowledgeable
Placidguy Offline
just curious...what's a DH ? designated husband ??

#109236 - 10/09/05 06:36 PM Re: Totally unknowledgeable
ArtZ SmartZ Offline
If you are going for two weeks, see some of the mainland as well as AC. See a Myan ruin, Five Sisters waterfalls, Mecal River. Don't try to see the 1000 foot waterfall, it takes forever and you can't get close enough to see it well.

Once we when going to Belize we rented a car from across the airport in BZ City so that we could find the 1000 foot waterfall. After two days on the mainland we returned the car to Hertz near the Radisson, so that we could head to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye . But, we walked around before returning the car. I can't imagine why any cruise ship would make BZ City a stop as part of a paradise cruise. There is so much more to Belize than BZC, besides not being very safe. However, Ambergris Caye is extremely safe and the most of the mainland is also safe.

Anyway, we had a great time. The weather was mostly sunny 85-90 degrees, windy the first week, a couple of days with showers, it was March. As I said we found the 1000 foot waterfall Crystal Paradise Resort Packages Rates
. It was real pretty, high in the jungle, after a long bumpy drive to San Ignacio. You could not get close to it, so I wouldn't recommend that trip. They say that Five Sister's waterfalls Five Sisters Lodge, Mountain Pine Ridge, Belize are much more beautiful. Another great trip is to Black Rock for river & cave tubing.
BLACK ROCK LODGE Adventure Travel Resort: Enjoy a Belize Vacation With Us ! A trip to the Mayan Ruins is fun as well as educational .
Belize: Archaeological Sites of Mayan World If you go to Altun Ha you should stop at Maruba Jungle spa for a nice treat Maruba Resort Jungle Spa You can also visit Placentia on the mainland. Rum Point Inn, Placencia, Belize - Rates Rum Point Inn, Placencia, Belize - Rates
Francis Ford Cappola, the movie director, has a resort there.

We only made it out into the Caribbean once, because of the high winds. And the one time we did wore me out. I took a floatation device as usual to snorkel, so that if I got water in my mask I could rest. Well, my floatation device had a hole in it & filled up with water, making it very heavy. I don't swim as well I use to, and I wear out easily. The more I swam to the boat, the more I drifted from it. The dive master had to come get me and pull me by hand to the boat.
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling on Ambergris Caye, Belize, Caribbean
I have invested in a lightweight water-skier's vest for my next trip. But, all in all I enjoyed myself laying by the pool and visiting with other Belize Yacht Club condo owners that we see every year Belize Yacht Club, Ambergris Caye San Pedro Accommodations Scuba Diving Fishing None of the beaches are great for swimming. A lot of grass. Ramon's has the best. I can't remember Banana Beach's. There pool is surrounded by the hotel. Nice resturant.

I love swimming with the nurse sharks and sting rays. You can take a snorkeling trip with three stops. Also, there are trips that will take you to Caye Caulker for lunch or to Goffe Caye for a beach BBQ.

There is a miniature golf course just outside of San Pedro. There's a lot of great resturants in SP Belize Restaurants, Dinner, Lunch, Meals, Delicious, Food, Dining, Restaurants.

Elvi's, Fido's, and Cocina Carama are a few of my favorites. Don't forget to see the "World's Famous Chicken Drop" at the Pier Lounge.

#109237 - 10/09/05 06:54 PM Re: Totally unknowledgeable
Hon Offline
DH usually stands for Dear Husband but on a bad day D*ck Head. You need to look for context wink

Just in case you are going to do a search for any of Kris of Annapolis recommendations;

Macal River
Goff's Caye
Cocina Caramba

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (IGAmel, JaHo, ragman, JED), 40 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.