Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Just wanted to know if there were any pilots on this message board that live on AC?

S
spl Offline
S
have a very good friend who does, pm me for what you are looking to talk to them about.

S
spl Offline
S
cool name, how did you think to call yourself the house of love?

C
OP Offline
C
oh well heres the full story. My grandparents bought property on the island in the 50's. They built a house in the 60's and they have been living down there six months out of every year. They brought there children down there through out there life, and i have been going down there my whole life. They named the house "casa de amor". It's a few houses south of Victoria. I just thought that i would use that name.

That is the coolest story... Wow I bet your grandparents have seen huge changes on AC. Well over 50 years on the island! What a wonderful experience that must have been as a child, visiting with your grandparents in such an exotic place. Thanks for sharing your namesake story with us.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
C
OP Offline
C
They have seen many changes on AC. When they first arrived there, there were only a hand full of Americans on the island. No paved runway or golf cars. No power, no police, absolutly no crime. nothing but palm trees lining the coast.An all together completley different lifestyle than there is now.

What do they think about how things have changed? You can't stop progress - but is it progress? Maybe I should call it development. A beautiful place can't go undiscovered forever. I hope that the island they fell in love with so many years ago is cared for in a special, protective way. How did they ever get to AC originally? That must be a story in itself. Your family should write a book!!!

Casa - have you found your pilot? That was the original idea... Now I am bugging you about your grandparents! Sorry about that.
Pam

C
OP Offline
C
Well to answer your first question heres an example of what they believe. About three years ago my family ( meaning my parents, and aunts and uncles) wanted to put two air conditioning units in the house,(before they just relied on the ocean breeze), and it took them ( my grandparents) quite a while to allow it. Every time we visit them they never use the air conditioning, and they never want to turn it on. They are from the "old lifestyle", and they like it that way. They understand that with time comes change, and they have learned to accept it for what it is.
They bought there property "site unseen" in the 50's through a friend of my grandfathers, who also has property on the island. Also my grandfather has written a book about his life in the war ,and about his island life.

Oh, and about the pilot thing i was just trying to get some info on what it takes to be a pilot for Tropic , or Maya. very intrested in flying for one of them, and making AC my true paradise.

It's no problem i enjoy sharing my information with others.

Did your grandfather's book get published? If so, I'd love to get a copy. They sound like very unique people. There aren't too many like them around anymore. My husband, 11 year old son and I will be staying in a friend's condo @ BYC from Nov 13th thru 30th. Our friend has fallen in love with AC. I am excited about the visit and really want to travel and explore the mainland as well. Want is a must-see on the mainland? I am interested in checking out the Southern portion of Belize and all it's undeveloped jungle areas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.