Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#110481 10/30/05 12:43 PM
D
DougMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
We're looking to celebrate our honeymoon Dec 18-23 in Belize and the Blue Reef Island Resort intrigues us.

Anyone know anything about this resort? The pictures on their website look pretty good. However, I can't sem to find that much information about it. Is it in a good locaton? Is it a honeymoon-worthy place?

Blue Reef Island Resort

Appreciate any and all comments. smile

#110482 10/31/05 11:00 AM
Way , way ,up north,long boat ride to town .. food ,meals ,????? services may not be up to a full time resort yet?? do not belive all in tune yet... did here the condos are very nice.. and it is brand new..but they are selling the condos retail,and did not know it was resort /hotel ..I may be wrong here?? but check out with some one who has had a stay there.go live the dream and enjoy sanpedro..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#110483 10/31/05 11:42 AM
S
S
Blue Reef is absolutely beautiful. The units are very well appointed along with a very uniquely designed pool and secluded beaches.

The area, about 8 miles north of San Pedro Town, is one of my favorits parts of Ambergris Caye. Mexico Rocks and Basil Jones (best in snorkeling) are close by. Since it is several miles from town, you will enjoy much of it on your own. The birds and wildlife up on the north side can not be enjoyed closer to town. The farther you get from town, the more you will experience the more natural side of Ambergris. Bacal Chico Nature and Marine Reserves are incredible.

It not the kind of place that will offer a variety of bars, shops and restaurants within walking distance. Although Costa Maya is a twenty minute walk which may offer you a little change of pace. If you don't like boats - you may want to reconsider your options.

For a secluded honeymoon - great choice. I would suggest spending at least one night (all you really need) in San Pedro and arranging for a late boat ride back up the beach. Something about taking a water taxi to your resort is kinda sexy.

Have a great honeymoon on Ambergris Caye!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
#110484 10/31/05 01:22 PM
S
S
I would also suggest using Simon B and his provisioning service to have your unit stocked and waiting for you so you can spend every minute of your honeymoon not worrying about the little things.

#110485 10/31/05 03:57 PM
Sin your right on top of the post ?? all just super points as you know ambergris caye , like the back of your hand..... and thanks, but my question is ,are they in full operation ,??? and what services are working..the place looks great on web?? but on a honeymoon you might like some pampering ,and creature comforts of a luxury proprty.. ie.. restaurnt on grounds , bar ,front desk staffed all day .,room service, lots of amenities??..again they may have all of this and more?? if thats the story ,and a fact they may want all those or maybe none??.... if they do not care about them or are in place now.. then I stand corrected sorry... again only doug man knows what he wants wants ..he may want total seclusion ?? and likes boat rides in small 26 foot boats.. ..different strokes for different folks.a honeymoon should be all you want it to be . and just to your taste,wants ,likes , and budget...yours to enjoy and a nice ,sweet memory to start life together,again go live the dream..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#110486 10/31/05 05:26 PM
S
S
CJ,

I believe the rest. is open - only for guests. At least it was last season.

I agree with you and advise Doug to ask pointed questions to Resort Services, Blue Reef's magement company.

SIN

#110487 11/01/05 03:32 PM
W
W
Originally posted by Sir Isaac Newton:
I would also suggest using Simon B and his provisioning service to have your unit stocked and waiting for you so you can spend every minute of your honeymoon not worrying about the little things.
I'm a Newby, can you please explain what Ramon's service is? and does he work with all hotels in AC? I'll be staying at Aquamarina Suites

Thanks,

#110488 11/01/05 03:33 PM
W
W
Originally posted by williedau:
Originally posted by Sir Isaac Newton:
[b] I would also suggest using Simon B and his provisioning service to have your unit stocked and waiting for you so you can spend every minute of your honeymoon not worrying about the little things.
I'm a Newby, can you please explain what Ramon's service is? and does he work with all hotels in AC? I'll be staying at Aquamarina Suites

Thanks, [/b]
Sorry MEant to say Simon, not Ramon

#110489 11/01/05 04:00 PM
S
S
Simonnnnnnn!

His site: Lagniappe

#110490 11/01/05 04:20 PM
W
W
Awesome!

Thanks

W

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.