Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I need some help. I have heard two conflicting stories about how the dog was injured on Front Street on Tuesday. This supposedly happened in front of the San Pedrano Grocery store.
I asked one person who says she was an eye witness if she called the police. Her answer was no so I went and talked to Inspector Sabal. He said he had not heard anything and would like some details.
I also understand that SAGA was called and came and picked up the dog.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I hope it wasn't BIG DOG (Cocane) Hee's a sweety. We met him at the Blue Tang Inn when we were there also he was at the chicken drop on Wed night. He really gets around.
Jim

reds-place.com
S
S
Saga wasn't contacted. I just happened to come upon the dog in the road minutes after it happened. The gentleman who takes care of such things for the town arrived as I was asking in Greenhouse if they had any big garbage bags that I could put the dog into, he and I loaded the dog into the bag and he took it for disposal. It was a stray male and wasn't owned by anyone. I asked the family on the balcony across from San Pedrano if they saw what happened and they said it was a taxi driver who didn't bother to stop but they had no more information.

It wasn't Cocaine or any of the other San Pedro "personality" dogs and was on our pick up list.

It was a sad and gruesome incident for the children who were walking past the dog who was in a large pool of blood.

It's a shame for an animal to suffer such a fate.

In my opinion, there are way too many taxis and they drive too fast for such a small island. Too bad the taxis aren't just big golf carts or pedal cabs like in the San Diego Gaslamp, downtowns or boardwalk areas.

Not to be gloom and doom but it is a matter of time before a taxi or other large vehicle has an incident with someone or something with similar results. Oh yeah, that's already happened. I guess that's one of the cons of progress.

I think it's a shame that dogs get drug-related names that people think are cool. What example is this to set our children?

It wasn't the name that was cool. He is just a friendly, nice dog. Apparently someone else doesn't like the name Cocaine because he's also known locally as "Big Dog".

OP Offline
Thank you all. I will take this information to the person who erroneously ID'ed someone else. This is one of the great things about this message board.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I know this is a little off the subject, but I'm not at all surprised that a taxi driver is responsible. While I was there a few weeks ago, I witnessed a few near misses with people and taxi drivers. One driver slightly hit a man, backed up and went around him, all before the man could hardly react. I don't even want to ride in those taxis, and I find it sad that they are so callous about their reckless behavior.
Sam

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.