Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#110557 - 11/01/05 02:50 PM Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
SimonB Offline
Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Tuesday November 1, 6:00 am ET
Fodor's list answers the question -- What makes a truly unique winter travel experience?

NEW YORK, Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- When asked to name the world's best hotels, restaurants and experiences, travelers almost reflexively name the world's most expensive lodgings, restaurants owned and operated by famous chefs, and traditionally popular tourist destinations. One can hardly begrudge the status and grandeur of the world's Four Seasons, the 21 Club or the Eiffel Tower -- But does being luxurious and popular necessarily make an experience the best? Or the best choice for you?
The Fodor's Choice winter 2006 list is the annual round up of the Fodor's editors' and writers' top picks for hotels, restaurants and sites/experiences that receive the Fodor's Choice designation in our Gold Guides. This designation is reserved for hotels, restaurants, sights and experiences so wonderful and so special that words don't do them justice -- you just have to experience them to know. The editors culled through the thousands of picks to come up with this list of their top choices for winter travel. The selections are unique, unusual, and not-to-be-missed; and you're sure to have a one-of-a-kind experience.

Unlike the many "best-of" lists top-heavy with the ostentatious, the expensive and the familiar, this winter's Fodor's Choice list offers travelers a variety of options in a variety of price ranges. If dining on a cliff at sunset overlooking the waves of the Pacific, kayaking in a bio-luminescent lake in the moonlight or staying in a private bungalow nestled between a beautiful beach and a tropical jungle sounds appealing, then this list is for you.

Fodor's Choice 2006 List:

Hotels:
* Blue Jay Lodge, Malpais, Costa Rica
* Chakrabongse Villas, Bangkok, Thailand
* Coral Reef Club, St. James, Barbados
* Esperanza, Los Cabos, Mexico
* Faena Hotel + Universe, Buenos Aires, Argentina
* Ho'oilo House, Maui, Hawai'i
* Mala Mala, Mpumalanga, South Africa
* Morgan's Rock Hacienda and Ecolodge, Playa Ocotal, Nicaragua
* Parador de Malaga Gibralfaro, Malaga, Spain
* Red Setter Inn, Greer, AZ

Sights/Experiences:
* Carnaval de Quebec, Quebec City, Canada
* Diving in St. Eustatius, St. Eustatius, Caribbean
* Kayaking in Bahia Mosquito, Vieques, Puerto Rico
* Mardi Gras, New Orleans, Louisiana
* Poas Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
* Recoleta Cemetery, Buenos Aires, Argentina
* Skiing at Cortina d'Ampezzo, Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
* Stargazing atop Mauna Kea, Big Island, Hawai'i
* Uluru & Kata Tjuta, Red Centre, Australia
* Valley of the Temples, Sicily, Italy

Restaurants:
* Bukhara, Delhi, India
* Casa da Feijoada, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
* Casa Picasso, Ambergris Caye, Belize
* Chef Mavro, O'ahu, Hawai'i
* Chez Pascal, Antigua, Caribbean
* Findlerhof, Zermatt, Switzerland
* George's at the Cove, La Jolla, California
* Hunter's Vineyard Restaurant, Blenheim, New Zealand
* Per Se, New York, New York
* Wahso, Park City, Utah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Fodor's Travel Guide

#110558 - 11/01/05 02:57 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
boyce1 Offline
WOW - Congratulations! (It was number 1 on my list to visit just based on the rave reviews on this site anyway!)

#110559 - 11/01/05 04:03 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
captjeff Offline
Wow...what a honor .go casa picasso go..I always new it was a special super place...now all will know...good for them,they worked hard to earn it...Was on my top ten list..

#110560 - 11/01/05 04:08 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
You go Beachy!!!!! One of the coolest guys on the island!

SIN

#110561 - 11/01/05 04:23 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Craigswench Offline
KUDOS to Jenn and Chris!!!!!!!! I've said for several years it was my fave restaurant in the world---!!!! (Sure wish I had some Creme Brulee!)
Miss you guys TONS!

#110562 - 11/01/05 04:57 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Scott Offline
CONGRATULATIONS TO CASA PICASSO!! From the martini's to the desserts to the eclectic music it's a wonderful place to relax & make memories with family & friends.

Scott

#110563 - 11/01/05 05:32 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
Awesome videos too!

#110564 - 11/01/05 06:36 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Beachy Offline
Simply stunned here. After calling my mom & dad, I have to thank my fantastic staff and of course my amazingly talented wife, our chef Jennifer.
[She's wandering around the house muttering, "I'm on a webpage with Thomas Keller...I'm on a webpage with Thomas Keller...."]
Thanks so much to everyone who has made this restaurant what it is, and we look forward to seeing all of you soon!

#110565 - 11/01/05 06:46 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Hon Offline
Congratulations Chris and Jennifer! An outstanding accomplishment!

...but I'm afraid I now have to become an insufferable snob since I've actually eaten in a place that's Fordor's Choice... :p

#110566 - 11/01/05 06:56 PM Re: Casa Picasso Makes Fodor's Choice Winter 2006 List
Chloe Offline
AWESOME AWESOME smile

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.