Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
indygal Offline OP
OP Offline
Have been trying to find a way to get from Ashland Oregon to Belize with out having to arrive the next day. Ashland is far south in Oregon. My Son/Wife & 2yr.old fiesty granddaughter are coming down. So far everything I find means they will be over 22 hours on planes and airports. Not doable for them. Tried Reno, going was fine, but return was another 22 hour trip. Any ideas?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Hi, i live in eugene and my daughter lives in medford/jacksonville area. we fly down all the time. we fly out of eugene. overnight at portland if necessary. go thru houston. its 6-7 hours from portland. 4 to houston. 2 from there plus layover. if i get the early flight out of houston, i overnight in portland. if i get the afternoon flight there is enough time to do it all in the morning from eugene.

eail me at [email protected] if you wanna chat about it.

i just got this from a friend... this is a most wonderful alternative to a straight continental round trip

Many times I would book the early 10:15 a.m. TACA to Houston, then an
early afternoon Continental
into Portland.

If you buy round trip on TACA BZE to Houston and Continental round
trip from PDX to Houston
the price is usually not much different than a round trip on just
Continental and the time is
much better arriving around 8 pm in Portland. Much easier esp for a
family with young children.

try Continental. They have more international flights than any other airline.

yes, and try out of LAS. Vegas. 6 1/2-8 hour to BZE. NOT far from Reno.
Oregon-las-bze.

there are continental flights out of Medford, Oregon which looks very close to where you are. 13 1/2 hours going and 13 1/2 hours coming, but do having to leave oregon in the evening you will arrive next day. Why is that a problem? You are in BZE by 11:30am.

It is worth it!

W
W
I like TACA's red-eye out of SFO. Board at midnight, fall asleep, wake in El Salvador, catch plane for short hop to BZE, take taxi to marine terminal (boy is that an overstatement), catch H2O taxi to San Pedro, have the time of your life kid.

indygal Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Everyone. I booked them out of Portland, in the end that seemed the simplest. The problem KE is a very high strung 2 year old. Not sure, but she maybe smarter then her parents too.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
AH, I SEE. UNDERSTAND THEN COMPLETELY.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.