Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#111290 - 11/15/05 01:42 AM single diver
suzanne0918 Offline
Coming to AC Nov. 25th with 7 non-divers. Would like to get in a dive or two but am leary about diving without my buddy. Was down last year and dove many sites but don't recall Turneffe(?) dive site. After reading through some posts, I think I'd like to see it. Where is it and what are your thoughts on diving single?? Amigo del Mar is all over this board and sound like decent outfit. Where do they operate out of? Thanks!!

#111291 - 11/15/05 02:03 AM Re: single diver
suzanne0918 Offline
Getting conflicting info on the Pier Lounge's Chicken Drop event (one I don't want to miss this time around). Some places say 4:30, others say 7:00. Which is it??!

#111292 - 11/15/05 02:28 AM Re: single diver
Kra-Z-K Offline
will gladly be your dive buddy on some days, I dive a few mornings a week. I dive with Amigo's Del Mar. The reason they are all over this board is they are the best. Very professional, knowledgeable, and fun to dive with. They even have fresh fruit after your dives. ALSO, YOU DO NOT REALLY NEED A DIVE BUDDY WITH AMIGO'S. I used to be a solo traveler several times here and they will pair you up with someone or if it is an odd amount of people you will be lucky enough to have the divemaster as your buddy!!!

As far as the chicken drop during busy season there are usually 2 a night on Wed and sometimes Fri that is why you see 2 different times. It is usually around 6pm though. Stop by their in the afternoon of the chicken drop and verify.

#111293 - 11/15/05 02:28 AM Re: single diver
Kra-Z-K Offline
to answer your question on where they are...they are right in town, two doors down from Fido's and will pick you up/drop you off where you are staying.

#111294 - 11/15/05 02:30 AM Re: single diver
seashell Offline
Amigos del Mar has their dock, shop and operation out front of Lilly's hotel & restaurant/Cholo's bar, near the Mayan Princess Hotel.

I've been a single diver with them innumerable times.

Turneffe is out at the Atolls. Takes close to a couple of hours to get there and again to get back. It's an all day trip with 3 dives included.

I hope you enjoy the chicken drop. I've never been much into that.

#111295 - 11/15/05 02:39 AM Re: single diver
suzanne0918 Offline
Thanks for the info, I'll contact Amigo's when I get to AC. Ke, I may take you up on your offer to dive. I am an experienced diver, but just never had to dive solo.
Seashell, I'm not sure I'm into the chicken drop but it seems like the touristy thing to do, and how many places can you say you placed a bit on chicken s**t??

#111296 - 11/15/05 02:43 AM Re: single diver
Kra-Z-K Offline
I never have a dive buddy and they pair me up or if it is an odd amount of people I am lucky to get one of the terrific divemasters!!!

TONY, RENE, ANDY, FELIPE, JUAN, SHMEL, JIM, EDDIE...THEY ARE ALL AWESOME!

Just PM me a day in advance so I get it and I will coordinate 2 dives that week. I am flexible. If I do not get back to you ask one of the above people above and they will know who to contact to reach me. No Sat or Sun for me normally, but will consider wink hahaha.

#111297 - 11/15/05 01:24 PM Re: single diver
SimonB Offline
STOP YELLING!!!

#111298 - 11/15/05 01:32 PM Re: single diver
Kra-Z-K Offline
sorry, I did not know caps are yelling. I had my cap lock on, that is all so I rewrote it but left used caps on the people's names to stand out as they are important.

#111299 - 11/15/05 01:36 PM Re: single diver
SimonB Offline
smile much better, thanks! Can't stand being yelled at first thing in the morning, reminds me of my first marriage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Loansum-Al K), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,353 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.