Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#112006 - 12/03/05 12:22 AM Fun places for solo travelers
Sound Diver Offline
Headed to AC for the first time and just looking for any fun restaurants etc.. for solo travelers? I saw the earlier post on dressy restaurants, but if anyone has the top casual restaurants or those "can't miss" to recommend- I'm all ears.

#112007 - 12/03/05 06:53 AM Re: Fun places for solo travelers
Richard Chambers Offline
Too many lists to mention here! They are all good if you read the inputs on this board.You better be going for a month if you plan to enjoy them all.
My collective travels there amount to a couple of months total and there are a few i have yet to visit! eek

#112008 - 12/03/05 08:57 AM Re: Fun places for solo travelers
SimonB Offline
Doesn't matter if you're solo or a group of 20 you'll be welcomed at all.

#112009 - 12/03/05 09:26 PM Re: Fun places for solo travelers
spl Offline
I think you are asking though what is a good place for a solo traveler as far as fun/meeting others?? You might feel comfortable starting at FIDOS. Great music, lots of travelers there, good times.

#112010 - 12/04/05 03:38 AM Re: Fun places for solo travelers
lacysbeach Offline
I agree with you SPL, Fidos is a great place to meet your friends after landing and enjoy!! You also must go to BC'S BBQ on Sunday, I love Texas BBQ , but they do it all right!!.We stayed at Capt'n Morgans which was great, BUT riding the water taxi each night got to be a pain, we ended up with a golf cart! Capricorn is the place up north to get great food and drinks, and the sunset...

#112011 - 12/04/05 06:18 PM Re: Fun places for solo travelers
Fluffy Offline
Crazy Canucks is a great place to meet people. BCs and Fidos are great too! But if you are social, you won't have a problem anywhere you go. Believe you me, this is the place to travel solo, I should know, it's the only way I go. Enjoy!!!

#112012 - 12/05/05 09:59 AM Re: Fun places for solo travelers
scuba_sue Offline
Plus, you're a diver - you're going to meet people on dives as well. You won't be solo for long. Enjoy! Say hi to the nurse sharks for me.

#112013 - 12/05/05 06:42 PM Re: Fun places for solo travelers
Gela Offline
Going Solo only means how you begin your trip - you will find you gather people as you roll around the island and you will be sad to leave at the end. laugh
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (lovey and thurston, Marty), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,256 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.