Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Countdown is on and we'll be there Friday! On a couple of threads I've been told that you can't walk on AC in heels and that you need to wear a T-shirt for snorkelling - are both of these true or is someone playing games with me?? We've got SPF30 sunscreen and 15 and 8 for once we've got a bit of a tan, but I'm not sure if you're allowed to wear sunscreen in the water, b/c of pollution to coral and sea life.

This is our first trip to A/C so we're pretty much clueless!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Moon

Cheers!
Moon
i never wear a t shirt snorkling. yes, for the most part on vacation here you would probably not want heals. However we do wear them, usually for special occasion or when we get dressed up all sexy to go out. Takes awhile to learn to walk in heals on in the sand.

You can wear sunscreen in the water.

M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
THANK YOU!!!! THINK SOMEONE WAS PULLING MY LEG!!!

Cheers!
Moon
NO, most people who vacation here will tell you not to wear heals... I think they were telling you what they felt was the truth. Few wear them but if you are going out late at night and really wanna dress up you might want them.

W
W
I don't think your leg was being pulled, but I'm pretty sure there are no actual laws on these issues. :-)

If you have a wedge heel, bring those instead of spikes. Easier to get through the sand. And bring your cheap pair, shoes get ruined pretty easily.

If you want to put a t-shirt on to guard against a sunburn, probably a good idea. I have heard from many sources that all the sunscreen we put on is damaging the marine environment. I also *think* I heard that it can help if you apply the sunscreen an hour before you get in the water. You're supposed to put it on 1/2 before being in the sun anyway, so it can't hurt.

where have you been hiding? it;s been over a month and we have not ran into each other!

L
L
I wouldn't take heels to San Pedro. Never mind that you cannot walk in the sand with heels, but they would be pretty thrashed with the dust and rocks on the road. Thongs, tevas and possibly tennis shoes are all you need.

W
W
I know! Seems impossible.

my heals are all still in great shape, it';s just dust and sand and are fine when I get them home/wipe them off. If you are a young female and like to go out at night to the clubs and have room, bring them if that is what you like to wear.

L
L
True Ke, maybe it is because I am not a young female, but rather, a middle aged female - LOL! Wouldn't want to fall and break my neck on vacation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.