Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#112477 - 12/11/05 10:56 PM Spindrift hotel
boatingman Offline
Can anyone give me a review on this hotel? It's my first time down to the area and I can't wait to get there! Thanks....
Spindrift hotel
Multiple choices allowed (5 total votes)
good - 4 (80%)
not worth it - 1 (20%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

#112478 - 12/11/05 11:22 PM Re: Spindrift hotel
klcman Offline
a simple "search", above right will get you at least 86 responses ....
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#112479 - 12/11/05 11:27 PM Re: Spindrift hotel
Kra-Z-K Offline
SPINDRIFTS. $45-60/night, in town, on the beach, very clean and spacious rooms, great location, and the 2 women that work at the front desk are so kind.

#112480 - 12/12/05 08:28 AM Re: Spindrift hotel
streetchie Offline
Nice, budget place, but always smells a little like chicken sh!t to me.

#112481 - 12/12/05 08:38 AM Re: Spindrift hotel
SimonB Offline
Would be funny if it wasn't such an inside joke.

If you don't get the joke it doesn't smell like chicken sh!t.

#112482 - 12/12/05 03:14 PM Re: Spindrift hotel
That joke is unfair since strangers won't understand it. They run a "chicken drop" contest twice weekly, where a chicken is placed in a pen with a checkerboard as a floor and you place bets as which square the chicken will - settle on.

Spindrift is beyond its youth as an hotel and it's a bit "faded", but it's always clean and the staff there are not just "nice" people but they back that up with actions. I had some divers, two young guys, staying there a while ago and they went down a bug, probably food poisoning from a dubious restaurant in town (not Spindrift's own Caliente, which is a superb restaurant and one of the best). They were confined to bed for 36 hours, and the managers personally checked on them every hour or so day and night, made them food and drink that they could tolerate, brought them medicines, changed their sheets several times (they were sweating heavily) and generally "mothered" them. Way beyond the call of duty, and they declined a tip that was offered to them. In what really matters, Spindrift is one of the best hotels in San Pedro.

KE - good to see we agree on something!!

#112483 - 12/12/05 03:22 PM Re: Spindrift hotel
Kra-Z-K Offline
that joke was very unfair. it is funny, but not good to joke without the explaination.

#112484 - 12/12/05 03:24 PM Re: Spindrift hotel
Chloe Offline
WOW, now that is the ole San Pedro compassion, love and helpfulness, we all fell in love with.

When a traveler needs help, the hotel/resort owners/staff are the ones to step up and help out, and Spindrift obviously understands that need and acts of kindness.
Dare To Deviate

#112485 - 12/12/05 06:23 PM Re: Spindrift hotel
boatingman Offline
Thanks for the info....The chicken thing reminds me of the collage days, only we used a rabbit..

#112486 - 12/12/05 06:59 PM Re: Spindrift hotel
klcman Offline
try it with a horse or cow sometime!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.