Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#112519 - 12/12/05 06:24 PM Belize visit in late December 05
crembrulee Offline
Hi! I just booked a trip to Belize from 12/25/05 to 01/01/06 for my husband & myself. Found a room at the Radisson. Would like input on Hotel Del Rio & camoing in tents on the beach..which I found on the internet. I am hoping to spend the first part of the trip inland seeing the jungle, horseback riding, etc, and the majority of the rest of the trip closer to the beach, Ambergris Caye relaxing & hammock testing & snorkeling. Any one have any ideas of where lodging might be found at this late date? Not afraid to rough it as long as I now its not going to be the whole time.
THANKS!!!

#112520 - 12/12/05 06:38 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
streetchie Offline
You shouldn't have a problem finding a place. As for hotel suggestions, do a topic search on this page and you'll get 100's of them....well, at least 25 or 30. Good luck and have fun.

#112521 - 12/12/05 06:39 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
Pam&Dave Offline
Contact Nellie Gomez at: nellie@btl.net for a stay at Paradise Villas. I'm sure you will get lots more suggestions, but this is a start.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for your airfare on those dates?

#112522 - 12/12/05 06:40 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
crembrulee Offline
It was about $900 RT per person from Kansas City to Belize w/one stop in Dallas.
Thanks a bunch!!!!

#112523 - 12/12/05 06:45 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
Pam&Dave Offline
Good luck and read the current posts regarding the trip to Lamanai. It can be done from AC with Tanisha Tours. Great trip - you won't forget it!

#112524 - 12/12/05 06:46 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
crembrulee Offline
Pam & Dave........I greatly appreciate that info. I am trying to plan everything to get the most of every minute of beingin this beautiful part of the world. Thank you very much!!

#112525 - 12/12/05 07:20 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
SimonB Offline
"You shouldn't have a problem finding a place".

Not true, better start dialing phone numbers as most places have been booked solid for months for those dates. You're now at a take what you can get status so try as many places as possible. The hotel list is also sorted by price range so that's a good start.

#112526 - 12/12/05 07:39 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
crembrulee Offline
Thanks so much for your inf! I have a room booked for the entire time at the Radisson in Belize City but I was really hoping to stay on Ambergris Caye for a few nights as well. So far luck has been on my side, for once.. LOL...and I have only 2 nites left to fill. I was hoping to do camping on the beach in a tent one night but I hear there is a bridge being built so thats out. I'm still searching & getting more excited to see all the photos of Belize!!

#112527 - 12/12/05 08:56 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
Pam&Dave Offline
crembrulee / I don't know about the beach camping rules on AC but I am curious, what does the bridge being built have to do with camping? I love it - you are going from the Radisson to "crashing" on the beach. That's getting the FULL EXPERIENCE of Belize! Have a great time. I'm glad to hear you are finding rooms. Like Simon, I was a bit concerned with the dates you are working with...

#112528 - 12/12/05 09:00 PM Re: Belize visit in late December 05
Kra-Z-K Offline
couldn't agree more with simon. 3 yrs ago was not a prob for me to arrive and find a room. Last xmas, Feb, and May places were booked up.

Why the raddison? Isn't that Belize City?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,036 Topics
462,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.