Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Looks to me like Saga just got themselves a stateside volunteer to send out thankyou's and annual remember letters.

Way to go, Saga!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

My pleasure. Send me a list with the pertinent information and you can consider it done. I'll pay for all stationery and postage. I guess this is called putting your money where your mouth is!
Believe me, the benefits will be tenfold.
My work will be in memory and honoring Minet, Protech's Dog.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Whoa!! That's kewl!! Good for you Pam, good for you.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

When we droped off some donated supplies We were verbally thanked about ten times by heather and simon and also mary at caye management when she found out. Waaaay more thanks than expected. Made us feel good about what we did. Will bring more next time down. Just knowing that the people in charge of caring for those poor animals are doing everything in there power to care for them is more than enough thanks. If everyone on this board that can spare a little something would contribute, It would make a major differance to saga's success! smile

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
Simon, when we were there last month to drop off some supplies, we spoke to Heather about the new clinic. My husband, who has a masters in electrician/hvac offered to assist with this phase of building. Wouldn't it be great if all of the SP Boarders who had any trades experience (or none at all, just muscle power) offered to come down (on their own time, and expense) and volunteer to assist with the building of the Animal Clinic? It would save gobs of money, and the little four legged kids would have a nice new home. OF course, the materials would have to be purchased, but the labor alone savings would be worth it, I'd think. I think most of us can swing a hammer, and we'd all have a greater connection to San Pedro. We could give back, even if it's just in labor, something to the island, and most importantly to the beautiful animals, who need our help. Any ideas???

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It sounds like a great idea, my only concern would be volunteer work permits and licensing issues. However, we are quite a ways away from starting any construction so we should be able to get something worked out by then.

Pam&Dave, I'll pass on your generous offer to the board today to see if we can't get something worked out.

Thanks to everyone for your support!

Simon, my best friend, (Chicky) and I are coming down May 12-20th, and would LOVE to bring any supplies that you think would not be a problem getting through customs. We would even pay extra for bringing down a special suitcase with blankets, toys, pillows, treats, etc, if you thought that would help?
We would also be delighted to volunteer some time while we are there to help, and leave whatever monetary contribution we can. The only problem is that we would get attached to all the animals there.
It really tugs at our heartstrings when cruelty to animals prevails anywhere, and our condolences to Minet, for the horrible act committed to what was seemingly a wonderful animal. It's a shame we won't get to meet such a sweet dog.

We appreciate all your efforts and look forward to meeting you in person.

Karen & Michelle

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Karen and Michelle,

Can you please contact us directly at [email protected] and we'll get everything set up. We do have a need for volunteer dog walkers as we're up around 40 dogs right now. We also allow fostering during your vacation (if your hotel doesn't mind.)

Many thanks in advance.

Simon...

Wow Simon, the fostering part sounds cool, but how does that work? We also plan on finishing our certs. for diving while there with Happy & Grumpy, and doing the "usual" touristy things like, cave tubing, zip lining, snorkeling, diving, etc., so what would we do with our "foster" dog while away from the hotel? We are staying at Xanandu, if that helps?

I'll contact you directly at your e-mail address shortly.

K & M

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
For fostering you can pick up and return the dog during clinic hours. When you have free time the dog can hang out with you, go for walks...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.