Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#113264 12/19/05 10:59 PM
T
tah134 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
How would one get to Roatan easiest and cheapest from Ambergris Caye? I can only find Taca airlines and it is expensive...any cheaper alternatives?

C
C
I've asked that question before and no one seems to know how to do it. I guess I am going to have to do it once...and if I'm not killed I can tell the story!! In truth there is a water taxi from Placencia to Puerto Cortes? in Hondurus.....taxi to the airport and fly to Roatan...but my hope is that there is a water taxi from Punta Gorda to Puerto Cortes...(about 2 hours shorter trip on the water) and then taxi to the airport and on to Roatan..

I did it. there is a small airline in roatan which takes you to san pedro sula, honduras on the mainland then fly continental san pedro sula-Belize, was not expensive 2 decembers ago so check into it.

C
C
I just checked that out...........it leaves Honduras...goes to Houston and then back to Belize City.

D
D
you can always come to Dangriga and catch the boat directly to Puerto Cortes from here.

It goes every Saturday.

C
C
Djean, could you please give me some info on who to cotact for that........I certainly would appreciate it.

L
L
Yes, I am also interested in getting information on this as I have thought of combining a Belize/Honduras trip. When in Placencia last year, I heard there was a boat that left from there as well, but forgot to follow up and get information - having too much fun!

C
C
I've checked out that Placencia to Honduras ferry....it's a 5 hour trip in open ocean! That is why I was hoping to find a ferry from Punta Gorda...a little less painful. I know that Ricks' (bartender at Crazy Canuck's) wife is from Punta Gorda....maybe he will know more.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
PG to Livingston
Livingston to puerto barrios
Puerto barrios to san pedro sula

I am sorry, I made an error. I flew Continental to Honduras and returned on them from Belize. It did not cost anymore at that time than flying to and from the same destination.

I flew TACA for $140 at that time from San Pedro Sula, Honduras-Belize City. They still offer that flight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.