Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Well, it's 14 degrees here so OBVIOUSLY I'm counting down the days til we get back to San Pedro! Have two questions, hope you guys can help me out.

Bringing my laptop and wondering if there's wifi (or DSL) on the island yet or am I still stuck with dial-up?

Also, is the Lady Sharon back up and running and doing Fri. cruise to Caye Caulker?

All input appreciated....thanks!

7 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes......

C
C
There's actually an internet place called "Wifi". Across the street from the Tropic Air Terminal.
They also sell art and booze.

S
spl Offline
S
there is Wireless in a few areas. Otherwise, DSL and cable modem are at all of the internet cafes/connection spots. I am not sure you can even get dial up in San Pedro!

Wi Fi also available at Island Internet

OP Offline
Thanks for the wifi info - was hoping I could get it at Banyan Bay but maybe not - at least is available on the island. Have been doing the sloooooow dial up from condo at BB and is worse than snails pace plus have to pay by the minute - ouch!!!

Any info on Lady Sharon?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Come diving with us and have free DSL/wifi internet access.

About Lady Sharon - I'd like to know too. She's certainly not here currently. I heard a rumour that Rodney had gone back to his profession of anaesthetist in the US, at least temporarily. That was quite a while ago, so I don't know what "temporary" is. There is another big motor cat operating here, rather smaller than Lady Sharon, but I don't know what they're doing.

Lady Sharon is based in Bz City and is used for ferrying the big spending cruise ship customers to and from the islands etc.

Wifi available at Banana Beach.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
B
B
I have a quick question that's kind of related to the Wifi post....I'm staying at the spindrift and thinking about bringing my laptop with me. My question is, do I have to worry about getting my laptop stolen from my room when I'm gone? I've heard great things about the spindrift but have to ask anyway. Thanks

I recall that Wifi available at Xanadu when I vistited back in August.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.