Okay! Next four hours will be it. From 4 to 8 p.m. Belize Time. Landfall looks like Sittee River.
Worst hit will probably be Dangriga, or anybody within 20 miles of Sittee River, north or south.

The south side of a hurricane is usually the mildest for winds. I would think Placentia will not get much damage. The wind will be off the land. No sea damage.

Punta Gorda is way in the clear, should be no problems there. Not even from high water, or winds.

I suspect Zabaneh's banana plantation down the Placentia peninsular is going to suffer 100% losses and cleaning it up and getting a new crop is going to take nine months to a year.

Some of those inland shrimp farms are going to pollute the environment. I sure hope they have no viruses that can escape into the commercial shrimp populations, which lie off that coast.

South Water Caye, Tobacco Caye are now getting licked with 120 mph winds. Expect this to rise over the next hour.

It is still about 2 or 3 hours out. But 100 mph winds should start touching them in around an hour from now. Then they are going to get a licking for about 2 and 2 1/2 hours as the eye comes ashore and passes over.

No reports from Glovers Reef Atoll of course. But expect Long Caye, Glovers Reef and the other smaller cayes are now flooded and awash with waves and sea breaking clean across them. They will be in the 140 mph plus winds.

Ray Auxillou

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-08-2001).]