Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113511 - 12/28/05 01:01 PM Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
Florida Gal Offline
I am coming to San Pedro for 2-3 months, maybe longer. Can I receive General Delivery mail in San Pedro at the Post Office? If so, do I need to contact the San Pedro Post Office ahead of time and do they have an email address?

I appreciate any help you can provide...I read the message board all the time and get a lot of good information from it.

#113512 - 12/28/05 01:07 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
SP Daily Offline
Yes you can receive mail at
"General Delivery, San Pedro Town, Belize"
Don't add anything else!
You won't need to contact the Post Office in advance.

#113513 - 12/28/05 03:59 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
Kristykins Offline
I have a post office question myself.

I wanted to send my friend in Belize some things, but I'm unsure of whether the items go to the post office, and then await pickup? or if they are actually brought to their homes?
"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"

#113514 - 12/28/05 04:01 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
Iamfennuts Offline
They are kept at the post office. The friend will have to pay for the items when they arrive.

#113515 - 12/28/05 04:25 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
Kra-Z-K Offline
letter and letter size env. there is no fee, my mom sent me a few dog colars and put them in a letter size env. no fees and it was thick.

We pay a percentage of the price you put the package value is to claim our packages.

Also, add Ambergris Caye after SP and Central America after BZ to the above address, my facewash never made it here and I just called the states today. They forgot to put Central America on it and Amergris Caye. All other packages and letters arrive to me in a timely manner.

#113516 - 12/28/05 04:28 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
SP Daily Offline
The Postmaster, Angel, has specifically asked that you NOT put AC or CA or any other info on the mail.

#113517 - 12/28/05 05:12 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
Kra-Z-K Offline
oh, ok. thank you. Happy New yr to you Jesse.

#113518 - 12/28/05 05:21 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
ScubaLdy Offline
Just curious – but why did Angel ask that these specifiers not be put on the address? I have been having everyone carefully fill out all the info and everything has come through.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#113519 - 12/28/05 06:06 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
SP Daily Offline
You should discuss this with Angel. Many times the "CA" marking has resulted in a lengthy detour to California. I've had mail arrive via Columbia.

#113520 - 12/28/05 08:33 PM Re: Can I receive mail in San Pedro?
Kra-Z-K Offline
talked to Angel late today. He said you should put Central America on the envelopes as I mentioned above. He said do not put CA but do put Central America.

Jesse is correct, CA is thought of as California by mail in the states. As far as AC if you put it put the whole word he said as I mentioned above too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.