Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#113522 12/28/05 01:14 PM
S
slfate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I will be going to AC for the first time in late January. We will be staying at Ramon's. Can someone please give me some feedback on the dive operations. What to do and what not. I'll be there for 4 days with my non-diving wife.

S
S
Went with my dive group to Ramon's in Nov 2004. Enjoyed it, as did my non-diving husband, plenty to do for the non-diver. Our routine was to eat breakfast and go diving early. We were never back later than 1:00 which allowed plenty of time to enjoy the island. Liked AC so much we returned this year with my husband's kids and their spouses. The dive operators were friendly and fairly knowledgable about dive sites. We never went more than a 1/2 hour boat ride to reach them. Some of our group did dive the Blue Hole said it was not really worth the long day's trip and added expense. Check out Turneffe though, have heard good things about the dive site even though it too is pretty much takes up the whole day. Ramon's itself is very nice. Awesome location and great beach. They did a beautiful job refurbishing their dining room. Drinks are VERY expensive at Ramon's bar (the Purple Parrot) as compared with other places but the bartenders are really friendly and they make a killer apple martini. Don't miss BC's beach bar just a short walk up the beach towards town, nice tiki hut open-aired bar. Also had a lovely lunch and good conversation at the Tackle Box a little further up the beach. Sits out over the water and is the ferry stop so there is a lot of good people watching there. Our favorite thing to do is walk down the beach away from town and sample drinks from every bar we come across. Lots of characters to meet on the way. Have a great time...shouldn't be too hard to do smile

S
S
Try a Search and you will discover the most popular operators.
Having said that, I paid a very reasonable price, always having to be approved by Hilmar, which was 30% less than Ramons, at Amigos a couple of weeks ago.
I hope you have a wonderful time. smile

M
M
we are staying at the palms condos next door, from 1/26-1/31, and have 3 divers in our group. the 5 non-divers find plenty to do...or not.
ramon's is a nice place, but pricey. when are you going??

you are gonna love san pedro. a great place to just BE.

D
D
We will be in SP Jan. 20 - Feb. 1 for our 6th visit in 3 years. We're staying next door to the Palms at Belizean Reef. I agree with Mimi that Ramon's is pricey....there are lots of great places that are more reasonable. I've heard nothing but good things about Amigos. There is lots to do...try a fishing/snorkeling/beach barBQ trip with our buddy, Tulu. You would regret it. Hope to see you there.

W
W
Depending on the dive site(s), your wife could come with you and snorkel. We had a great day with Protech at Hol Chan / Shark and Ray Alley, where I snorkeled while the rest of the boat dove/[dived?]. I waited through their first dive outside the reef, and got pretty queasy -- take dramamine!! (I hadn't thought we'd be outside the reef.) But after that we headed back inside the reef and we all snorkeled awhile, then I snorked while they had their second dive. It was one of the most beautiful days I've ever had.

check out http://ambergriscayediving.com they are a small operation but professional service and great prices. ask for robbie or chuck. great guys!

S
S
agree. Amigos was the best dive shop I ever went with. Several great guys working there.

C
C
I agree with Whitewater...Protech is a top notch operation...

I have heard good things about Ramon's so if the price is the same and it is more convient to schedule dives for you, just go with them.

Otherwise, I agree with sandb and sherlock dog.
AMIGOS.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.