Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#113579 - 12/29/05 12:32 PM San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
Marty Offline
San Pedro’s First Department Store

San Pedro’s first department store WINGS opened its doors last week Friday, December 16, 2005. Hundreds flocked to the store which carries a variety of items much like Mirab in Belize City, but focuses on name-brand clothing for all ages at low prices. The store is part of a chain of stores in Belize City and the Corozal Free Zone, which include the Bellagio and Mirage.

“I feel like I am in Chetumal shopping,” commented one customer waiting in line to make a purchase. The store is the only department store on the island and one of the largest.

#113580 - 12/29/05 01:02 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
RMT Offline
Where on the island is it located? Thanks...

#113581 - 12/29/05 01:08 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
travelqueen Offline
It is near the airport. I thought they had great prices, comparative to the states.

They carrried Nike, NFL brand, Ralph Lauren for ladies... whatelse... I think Guess... a nice selection of shoes. They DID NOT have Reef flip flops but perhaps they'll start carrying them...

#113582 - 12/29/05 01:11 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
RMT Offline
Thanks TQ...I bet it will be great for the locals to have more of a selection.

#113583 - 12/29/05 01:23 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
Marty Offline
it's in the big building across from Monchos...remember where San
Pedro Hardware was before (was pink) and belonged to Simon Harmouche? It is
now wings and painted an off white...nice exterior...
they have cool clothes and sneakers...

#113584 - 12/29/05 01:23 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
Counterfiet clothing
Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

#113585 - 12/29/05 02:09 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
ambergrishog Offline
What is your proof as to the authenticity of the clothing. Let capitalism reign. Let the people decide. Wow. Thats a concept. Instead of the macho ideofaschist idealism that you spew, why not let the people decide. What a concept.

#113586 - 12/29/05 02:21 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
travelqueen Offline
Whoa! I can't confirm whether or not the items are "authentic". I was just a browser... looking for flip flops (always shopping for flip flops)! However, the RL and NFL jerseys looked "real" to me! smile

#113587 - 12/29/05 02:23 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
Amanda Syme Offline
Not all counterfit - more like "after market". Kinda like when you buy a "stripped" book - only it comes in all different colours and sizes.

#113588 - 12/29/05 02:41 PM Re: San Pedro’s First Department Store, Wings
dabunk Offline
It is all counterfit. You think the real item is going to sell for those prices? Not that I mind, I buy it all the time in Belize. The GOB even confiscated several containers of the stuff and gave it to the prison. That way they did not have to buy the guys any clothes. I laughed the first day I went in and saw everyone in the prison wearing designer labels and clothes!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (maruke), 47 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.