Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#113657 - 12/30/05 04:36 PM San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
Marty Offline
San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day

A popular deejay was killed over the weekend after a misunderstanding outside a San Pedro nightclub. 25-year-old Hubert Flashy, known to most as Heavy D, was killed as he departed Big Daddy's nightclub around 4 am on Christmas day. Witnesses say the argument started inside the club where Heavy D has deejay many times before. Police say Miguel Errego issued the deadly blow which struck Heavy D on the left side of his chest. He was rushed to the San Pedro clinic but died on the operating table. Errego appeared in court today.

#113658 - 12/30/05 04:37 PM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
RMT Offline
Christmas day no less. How very sad.

#113659 - 12/30/05 05:35 PM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
Police Handcuffed Dying Deejay

The family of a popular deejay killed outside a San Pedro nightclub on Christmas morning says he didn't have to die. Hubert Flashy, known to most as Heavy D, had just left Big Daddy's Nightclub with his girlfriend and sister when he was ambushed by a gang of men. The accused murderer issued a fatal stab and heavy d later died at the Lion's Clinic. Today, his family says their loss was made much worse by the treatment he was given by officers who handcuffed a dying man.

Gayla Flashy, Mother of Deceased
"That's my best child. I always tell these kids here I wish they would be like Hubert because I raised him so good that at age 19 I could have controlled him. I told him he shouldn't dress like those boys out there, I wanted to see a man in him, try to be somebody in life, and he always tried to live in a way for me to feel good. And then for somebody to come from nowhere and take out my child's life just like that is unfair. I hope to see that that man pays the penalty."

That man is this man: Guatemalan national Miguel Orrego. He has been charged for murdering Heavy D but today relatives are just as upset about how San Pedro Police treated the injured deejay. After he was stabbed, police handcuffed Heavy D and the family says it went further.

Longene Flores, Sister
"They acted as if he was the one who caused the problem. The exact words which he said, 'why are you all crying, he is already dead.' He said, 'it is just a black man less in the world.' That is just wrong. I didn't expect him to say something like that."

Alex Flashy, Cousin of Deceased
"We know he was stabbed, we have the murderer in jail right now. They did catch the murderer and he is in jail right now but we don't think it is right that the police came out there, handcuff this gentleman, handcuff the victim--handcuff the victim and didn't ask questions like 'are you hurt, what's going on.' They handcuffed the victim, beat the victim, throw him in the back of a pickup truck like he is a piece of animal or something and then take him over."

Gayla Flashy,
"If they had acted immediately, I am not saying my son would be here today but if those two policemen that arrived at the scene had moved up (hurried), my son would probably be alive today. They didn't do enough to save Heavy D's life. If they had come and acted the right way probably he would be alive, I don't know."

That will never be answered now that the young deejay is dead, actually murdered outside Big Daddy's where he had played many times. Heavy D was in the club with his pregnant girlfriend Christina Coc and his sister Longene Flores to bring in the Christmas. After a scuffle inside the club she says Heavy D didn't stand a chance against the gang of men he met outside.

Christina Coc, Girlfriend of Deceased
"There was a other group of Spanish boys like lot of Spanish boys came to attack him. Six boys held him and the killer came and stabbed him right in the chest."

It's a bitter memory the mother of Heavy D's unborn son is forced to live with. For the rest of his family, this picture of a ten-year-old Hubert Flashy will have to do.

A post mortem is scheduled for tomorrow and a funeral service for Saturday. Heavy D was his mother's first son and he was expecting his first child, a son, next May. If you were wondering the family is originally from Nicaragua. We note that Flashy's father who lives in Nicaragua was in Belize to spend the Christmas with his children.

News 7

#113660 - 12/30/05 07:34 PM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
Wyoming Carla Offline
Wow.....what the Hell is going on there? This is terrible news. My prayers to his family. frown

#113661 - 12/30/05 07:38 PM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
SimonB Offline
He lived in the apartments at Oscar's Gym with his girl for a while and was a very pleasant guy. Truly a sad thing to happen, my condolences to his family and Christina.

#113662 - 12/30/05 08:01 PM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
deacon+ Offline
The robbery of your Vet., then a man murdered by his employees, murder of the DJ, robbery of the Credit Union, I hope this is not the normal for AC.

#113663 - 12/30/05 08:06 PM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
Chloe Offline
Alarming!

#113664 - 12/30/05 10:09 PM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
GAY AND DAVID Offline
May he rest in peace

#113665 - 12/31/05 10:46 AM Re: San Pedro DJ Murdered on Christmas Day
Now Danny Offline
Wow! So sad and unnecessary. Condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,055 Topics
462,292 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.