Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#114132 - 01/04/06 03:53 PM braids
snowbird Offline
I looked this up but found only older messages. Anyways, we are heading to AC in 4 weeks and have 2 girls that want to have their hair braided. Are there folks around the beaches (like in Mexico) or should we call someone...and who is recommended? Also, how about cost?

#114133 - 01/04/06 04:06 PM Re: braids
Gecko Offline
There are a couple of ladies who do this. Helen Haylock is one (her cell number is 662-1383 or email helen_haylock@hotmail.com)- she will come to you. Also Rosanna who is located on the beach next to Estelles (cell 600-9920). But I have never had it done so I can't help you with costs.

#114134 - 01/04/06 05:26 PM Re: braids
klcman Offline
I can't rememeber the lady's name but the g'daughter HAD to have hers done, of course and Sandra at BB's Monkey Business fixed her right up.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#114135 - 01/04/06 10:16 PM Re: braids
Sam Scuba Offline
On our trip in Nov. my niece had her hair braided by a woman who approached us at Caramba restaurant--maybe not the greatest way to find someone, but she did a good job and it worked out. She said her fee was $40 US but she would do it for $30. We ended up paying her $40 anyhow because she did such a nice job. I'm sure the people at the office of wherever you stay will be able to set you up with someone. There are lots of locals who offer this service. Enjoy!

#114136 - 01/04/06 10:22 PM Re: braids
travelqueen Offline
"braids"... just the topic makes me laugh. During my last visit to AC, in the early am, I was very hungover, walking down the beach (south) and some friendly ladies said to me, "braids... braids girl?" I said, without even looking at them, because my head was pounding so badly, "no, I don't know how to braid". And they all laughed hysterically at me. That's when I realized, they wanted to braid my nappy, unbrushed hair. It was really funny... you just had to be there. wink

#114137 - 01/06/06 03:35 AM Re: braids
lacysbeach Offline
That kind of happened to us in Jamica, the girls that braided hair at our resort were fighting over who was going to get our business, and we decided at the pool the next morning that we would just braid each others hair. You should hsve heard the local girls fight the next day about who of them had braided our hair!! Too funny..

#114138 - 01/06/06 06:04 AM Re: braids
drummer dan Offline
Helen is great and a wonderfful lady, too! She does my extended single plett braid.

#114139 - 01/06/06 10:43 AM Re: braids
Chloe Offline
Braids are fun. Make sure to protect the braids on top of your head and the scalp from the sun.

The sun fries blonde hair on top of the braids, to the point your hair might break off, during the unbraiding process.
Dare To Deviate

#114140 - 01/06/06 11:26 AM Re: braids
snowbird Offline
thanks much to you all ~ we'll ask around and call someone when we get there R.
(p.s. funny stories smile )

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,244 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.