Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Danni Offline OP
OP Offline
So I thank everyone who has been giving me advice on where to stay with my boyfriend in April. But I have come across two hotels that I have not seen mentioned much.
*Mata Rocks
*The Royal Palm Vacation Condos
They are close to Banana Beach apparently on the map I have from the internet. I feel like I have looked at so many places to stay that I am losing my mind!!! frown

S
spl Offline
S
do you want to be close/walkign distance to town or further out?
nice pool at Royal Palms, one of the best.
Great location Mata Rocks. Don't keep your backpack on the balcony though.

C
C
Mata Rocks has a nice beach bar...and of course you are right next to Banana Beach which has a great restaurant.....but don't leave your backpack on the balcony!........if you wouldn't do it in your own country...don't do it in San Pedro!

stay at Bananas-it is a no brainer -best rates -two pools -good beach-tremendous restaurant-great staff-very friendly security(stops things being stolen)-incredibly knowledgeable tour representatives-on site

I'll be at Mata Rocks in 26 days for 2 weeks. I'll post a trip report upon return. I've read nothing but great reviews, that's why we chose it.

Mata Rocks is a really great place to stay. Very clean niceley appointed rooms. Junior suites have kitchenettes. Huge bathroom with big shower (with soap, shampoo and conditioner provided). A safe is located in each room for your valuables. Friendly staff, nice (although small) pool, great beach bar (nice way to meet other visitors and locals.) The beach is intimate but has a wonderful vibe to it. We really loved our two weeks there last summer. In four trips it has been our favorite place to stay. We will most likely stay there again this August. Check out our pics from August 2005 if you want at http://www.moandirm.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

Have fun no matter what you decide! mobunny

Mobunny, fantastic photos. made me miss AC though frown

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
Thanks so much. I really miss it too. We are plotting our return for summer 2006. mobunny cool

Mobunny, great pictures..We arrive at Mata Rocks, this Thurs, late afternoon. So if anyone is around, we will be at the Squirrel Bar for happy hour and I'd loved to meet some of you. I'll be the blond with the tall bald guy!

Thanks, we had a wonderful vacation (You have to try really hard to not enjoy yourself down there.) You'll love Mata Rocks. Tell Liz hello for me. Have a great time. cool mobunny

Oh Mobunny, I'm mesmerized by your pictures. Now that I've finally looked through all of your albums, I can't wait to do it again tonight when hubby gets home, so he can see we made the right choice. Just awesome!

Thanks Marge! I see by your profile your a diver...did you find the SP dive pics on moandirm.com? mobunny cool

J
J
Danni,It is a tough choice between Mata Rocks and Banana Beach, you get a lot mor room at B.B. and can still go over to the cool palapa bar at Mata rocks. I have stayed at both places and like them both for different reasons. The dive package at Mata rocks is good for one thing. John in Denver

Have stayed at BB & Royal Palm. If you like sitting elbow to elbow with people and staying in a place that looks like a nice motel BB is the place. Royal Palm I like but their management changes about once a year, and for a vacation probably not the place. Alot of their units are getting pretty worn. My vote for you is Mata Rocks, it is lovely, same area, nice folks and if you want lots of people you only have to go next door to BB.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
J
J
Indygal, the only reason that Banana beach has a lot of people is because it is bigger than Mata rocks. I have stayed at both of them and like them equally. the frontage for the beach at B.B. simply puts more people in lounge chairs on their property, that doesn't diminish the value of the time spent on the beach, in some cases in can enhance it. John in denver

To each his own.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
S
S
Originally posted by indygal:
Have stayed at BB & Royal Palm. If you like sitting elbow to elbow with people and staying in a place that looks like a nice motel BB is the place. Royal Palm I like but their management changes about once a year, and for a vacation probably not the place. Alot of their units are getting pretty worn. My vote for you is Mata Rocks, it is lovely, same area, nice folks and if you want lots of people you only have to go next door to BB.
Nicely and accurately put.

To the OP: note that there is only one positive for BB( see Pedro1) and that person has a close relationship with same.

Oh, and I had a very nice stay @ BB top floor ocean view, Sounds like you are fairly young...BB has alot going for it what with the two pools, nice restaurant and helpful staff...and the cheapest place to buy beer from a store right across the street. If you don't need to be stacked like sardines on the "beach", I would stay there.

Good luck! smile

We've stayed at Banana Beach several times. Mata Rocks next door looks very nice. IMHO either one should be fine.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Mobunny, yes we found all of your albums and the diving pictures looked awesome. OHG, I can't hardly stand myself cause it's only 25 more days til we're there. My co-workers are sick of me too. I've got to get a grip, but then again, it's half the fun. Planning and counting down, cause it's over so soon. Ahhh! I'll be sure and post pictures when I return. We especially liked all the views of Mata Rocks you took. We booked the ocean front suite too.

Our best friends from Texas stayed at Mata Rocks last June and then decided to go back in August and bought into the Capitan Morgan's time share deal.. We didn't care where we stayed as long as we had a bed and good friends with us. Our friends said that they really enjoyed Mata, but it was a little too far south from town, but as it turns out, Capitan Morgans(where we stayed) is much farther North. We all had so much fun, but the water taxi's and golf cart rentals were always the norm. Next time we are renting within walking distance, whatever the place. We are now looking at Oasis Del Caribe thru caye Managenent. Great prices for a 2/2 unit on the beach with a pool, but we have to be our own bartenders/butlers..Ha Ha, sounds great!!

Great pics, made me think I was there.

Hey Marge, I get exactly the same way. Have a great time. I am envious since we aren't going back until late July. Looking forward to seeing your pics and report. mobunny cool

Thanks Now Danny. Gosh you are up early. mobunny

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.