Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#114793 - 01/11/06 03:54 PM Permits, licenses, etc.
Florida Gal Offline
I've been corresponding with someone wanting to sell a used golf cart. If they say it includes permit, license, and one year of insurance what does that really mean? Can you use their permit, license, and insurance until it runs out and then get your own? (It doesn't seem like you would be able to do that.)

#114794 - 01/11/06 04:03 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
Pedro1 Offline
Absolutely you can-the only problem is that when you come to register the cart in your name you may find it impossible to do so

#114795 - 01/11/06 04:19 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
Amanda Syme Offline
I just had my insurance renewed. It states very clearly on the sticker that this insurance is non-transferable.

You would have to get the permit transferred into your name, it used to be that you had to be a resident and have a place off road to park the vehicle before they would consider granting you a permit. Plus you would have to have a Belize drivers license to even apply.

I dunno, maybe I have been out of loop for a while.

#114796 - 01/11/06 04:24 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
ScubaLdy Offline
I live here and have a place to park and am OLD and semi crippled - AND it took me one year to get a golf cart permit. I dared not order a new one before I got the permit as they can confiscate any that are brought onto the island without a permit. POLITICS!

#114797 - 01/11/06 06:47 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
casa de amor Offline
my grandparents who have been coming there since the 1950's still even have a hard time getting a permit. its a very hard and lengthy process

#114798 - 01/12/06 02:51 AM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
Florida Gal Offline
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should move cautiously. I'm surprised they make it so hard to get a golf cart.

#114799 - 01/12/06 11:01 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
How about a boat registration? If you have a boat built in san pedro and are not a resident than how hard is it to register the new boat in belize?

#114800 - 01/13/06 02:48 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
Amanda Syme Offline
Not a problem. You have to take it to the port authority with all of the necessary documents proving its yours, have all of the required safety equipment etc. - no problem - even if you are not a resident.

Luckily our seas have not become too congested yet - hence the ease of permits for boats.

#114801 - 01/13/06 10:10 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
Thanks Amanda, Now if they can just finish building it by the time i come back down than i'll be happy. Also where is the port authority located?

#114802 - 01/15/06 11:12 PM Re: Permits, licenses, etc.
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
(bump), Does anyone know where the port authority is located?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.