Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#115509 - 01/18/06 09:23 PM Rum Punch recipe
JLOWE Offline
I need a recipe for authentic Belizean rum punch. My wife and I are having friends over this weekend and are making a complete Belizean menu, including Stew chicken, beans and rice. My wife put me in charge of the booze and wants rum punch. Any help would be appreciated? Thanks.

#115510 - 01/18/06 09:39 PM Re: Rum Punch recipe
Anonymous
Here's the way I make it based on advice from the bar at Banana Beach:

2 cups orange juice
2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups grapefruit juice
1/2 cup coconut milk (or to taste)
1/2 cup grenadine (or to desired tint)

Mix the above together in a large pitcher
Fill glasses w/ice; add coconut rum and white rum in equal parts; fill glass w/ juice mixture. Stir, top w/ cute umbrella wink

#115511 - 01/18/06 09:40 PM Re: Rum Punch recipe
mimi Offline
jlowe,

I just made the Belizean stewed chicken, rice/beans, coleslaw and that onion/pepper/vinegar concoction (escabeche?) this past Sunday for my group that's going to SP next week. Topped with lots of Marie Sharp's. It was SO good, I can't wait to have it at Carumba's.
As for the rum punch--

Belize Rum Punch

2 shots light rum
2 splashes grenadine syrup
1 shot dark rum
top with pineapple juice
1 shot orange liqueur
1 shot sweet and sour mix
1 shot cream of coconut

Fill tall glass with ice, add first 5 ingredients then top off with pineapple juice. Shake thoroughly. Add a dash or two of grenadine, stir gently and then listen to the sound of the warm Carribean breezes flowing through the palm trees.

Personally, I LOVE panty rippers...just coconut rum and pineapple juice, or one barrell with just about anything.
Cheers.

#115512 - 01/18/06 11:03 PM Re: Rum Punch recipe
1BKeeper Offline
This is definitely not an "authentic Belizean" punch, but it sure makes me think of being there since I try to always have a pitcher of it in the fridge while we are visiting San Pedro....and in the summer when we go to the beach...and if we are having people over....and while we are cooking on the grill... and.... and...

Depending on your pitcher..... fill with
1/2 pineapple juice
1/8 orange juice
1/8 Sprite for fizz
1/4 coconut rum
a few squirts of lime juice
a few squirts of lemon juice
a little cherry juice for color
and to look pretty....a slice of lime, a slice of lemon and a cherry with the stem over ice in each glass.
My firends love it. It is very sweet. I use diet Sprite to cut down on the calories. haha
After the first pitcher the measurements are never the same. The ingredients also change...depending on what we have to work with.
We stock up on the coconut rum at BZE on the way home.

#115513 - 01/19/06 04:09 PM Re: Rum Punch recipe
Dan Carey Offline
JLOWE,
I use One Barrel and whatever I have at hand. Here in Arizona, we go through a lot of fluids in the summertime. Last summer I tried Mango Kool-aid and it was a lot better than you'd think.

We get a lot of different juices here. In some of the barrios you'll comminly see juice stores. I'll try just about anything, especially tropicals. Tamarind, guava, papaya, anything goes. And for the most part they're all very tasty with a good rum. Conversely, a so-so rum makes a nasty punch.

My free advice, which is guaranteed or your money back, is to pick up a bottle of rum and start experimenting. It's a lot more fun than following a recipe.

Dan

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (VoVoVo), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,040 Topics
462,248 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.