Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#115841 01/21/06 12:46 PM
OP Offline
KUDOS to Liz and Terry! Just returned from an eight night stay at Mata Rocks and I cannot say enough great things about this little resort. If you are looking for a clean, quiet place to stay, with great service and where everyone knows your name, then this is the place for you! All of the staff went out of their way to help or provide us with anything we needed. They serve free continental breakfast on the beach and the view with your coffee is amazing. They do not have a restaurant, but they have a book of menus from many of the restaurants and they will order it and have it delivered for a $5.00 cab fee. And when you don't feel like leaving the squirrel bar this is great! Out of all of our island travels, we felt like this was our own little place�we will definitely return to Mata Rocks!

#115842 01/21/06 02:30 PM
Oh boy, oh boy are we getting excited now. Mata Rocks, here we come in exactly 14more days for 14 days. Can't wait to visit all the neat diners, food stalls, bars that we've been reading about for the last 10 months since we booked our vacation. Thanks boarders for the info.

#115843 01/21/06 05:07 PM
J
J
You go Marge!! you guys are gonna have a great time!! John in Denver

#115844 01/21/06 05:46 PM
Marge - this one is for you! mobunny cool

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#115845 01/21/06 08:48 PM
Ahhhhh! Heaven.

#115846 01/21/06 11:20 PM
T
T
My wife and I just returned from our first visit to Belize with 7 marvelous days at Mata Rocks resort. The view from our balcony was just like mobunny's pic above.

The best part was positively the service. Monica and all the workers at the bar were delightful to be around and helpful for scheduling any snorkeling/scuba tours. I was afraid we'd be paying more for Mata to line up tours, but as near as I could tell, prices were the same.

With that said, I thought I'd add a few bits of information just to keep marge's expectations in check.

I'm a big breakfast guy, and the breakfast didn't do a lot to fill me up. Coffee, one type of fruit, some simple rolls and bread are about all you get. Very good, but not too filling. I know, I know, it's continental, but I was expecting more citrus fruits and flashier pastries.

The toilets must use reclaimed water because they've got a stiffer smell after you flush than before. But, I'm sure the whole island is like that.

Finally, don't expect your room to be a 4* luxury suite. They are very nice and clean, but not too fancy. For some reason I was expecting the Four Seasons before we went down and it wasn't.
We loved Mata Rocks, loved the employees, and used the free bike rentals nearly every day. They all know your name by your second day there. Happy Travels.

#115847 01/22/06 09:17 AM
Travelinandy,

Like you said in your post, Mata Rocks is a wonderful place to stay. The people are great and the service very personal and friendly.

I think what you will find is that the water condition you mentioned may be caused by the fact that the Hotel has a well and Terry may be running that part of the system of off this supply. The water from the well is "safe" but not something I'd want to drink. It also has an odor to it.

In years past (and I doubt that it is much better now) the public water supply has not been very dependable. Terry and Liz are actually quite lucky to have a well to fall back on. Many of the hotels don't have this option and when the water is out it is really out.

The breakfast is as you said limited but quite good. I agree that some of the time I'd like to have more but I surly don't need it!

We will be returning to Mata Rocks in a little over a month (February 27 - March 18) and this will be our seventh or eight time there.(lack of memory caused by lack of Belikin) Obviously we are all very happy with the location, physical plant and the people.

Andy, your right it is not a 4* Hotel and people should be aware of this. They don't claim to be one and they don't charge like onebut they have service to rival one.

It is just a really nice place to stay if you want to have the personal touch by a group of very nice people who all know your name and remeber you from yaer to year. This may not sound like it is very important but to myself and the folks that I travel with, it is very important smile

Byron
#115848 01/22/06 11:55 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Yes, I know what you mean about breakfast. My husband is a hearty breakfast guy too. Continental is fine for me, but he needs (hypoglycemic) his protein. Eggs, cheese, or meat at every meal. Thank you everyone for the details. I love details. breakfast is the big one, as we'll be diving every morning and need to get some grub before going. I know we're going to love this place. 13 more sleeps!!

#115849 01/22/06 12:00 PM
walk right next door to Banana Beach and get an awesome brekkie b4 your dive trip.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#115850 01/22/06 12:05 PM
Awesome klcman. That makes it easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.