Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
OP Offline
B
Ok, a bit tongue in cheek, but I wanted to mention something I noticed, and to see if it was just random, or there was some method behind it.

On my previous trips, I'd always been hit upon by a few people (weed, money, etc.). My last trip, in April '05 (a short two-day visit), was the worst: the first time I'd had someone just outright ask for $$$, and trouble at a couple of restaurants with people bothering us.

I was curious to how my trip last week (six days) would turn out in this one aspect, and it was great. I know the timeshare guys had a meeting about this issue, but I felt like this time, in general, there were just fewer incidents of being approached by people trying to ask something from me. Has the town made some sort of concerted effort, or was I just lucky (assume, for the sake of argument, I didn't look poorer or less friendly than on previous occasions)? I'm curious what the locals and recent other visitors think.

where did you stay! I think that is so strange. It reminds me of the drug story with that father-in-law who went to jail. My parents were here 8 days, clearly tourists, and out alone and never once asked for money or about drugs. I think it is the luck of the draw. Funny thing is I traveled here as a tourist in my 20's 6 times and never, ever once was offered drugs. I only once was offered drugs on the street when a friend was in town and we were in the street.

B
OP Offline
B
That's my point. Nothing happened here at all this time. Nothing much ever happens, but usually once or so.

gotcha, yeah. I just think it is the luck of the draw...it happens to some, and others it doesn't. Still surprised as a tourist 6 times never once to me.

S
S
Yes...haven't you heard? All the panhandlers, thieves and drug dealers have been deported...Sounds like Chamber of Commerce talk to me.

F
F
I brought my 15 year old son to San Pedro 10 years ago and he told me (many years later) that he was approached to buy drugs. At that time I had never been approached. Since then, I have been approached a time or two but not often and it wasn't a big deal when I just said "no thanks".

C
C
i have been approaced several times to buy, and my parents have also been approached. never bought

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
What is it that you don't understand about the word "NO"---Is it the "N" or the "O"---- and if you continue to follow me do you know the word POLICE???

C
C
It really upsets me when my wife gets approached to buy "herb".....but they never ask me...what's up with that? we don't smoke but it hurts my feelings...I'm a child of the 60's!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
This hit for drugs or anything, really is true of most beach destinations thru-out the world--don't pin-point AC. and criticize unless you've been there. Belize is a baby basket--!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.