Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thanks for the info Gail. We might reconsider doing a ruins tour till our next time in Belize. Hopefully that will be in the fall of 2006 (our anniversary). How is the weather in October? Other than hurricanes!!

Originally posted by TCandCC:
We are also thinking about a day trip to the ruins while we are staying at AC. Do you need the bug spray on these trips and should we wear long pants and shirts?
I'm no expert, but I've been to a several sites (Tikal, Xunantunich, Cahal Pech, Lamanai, Santa Rita) and there was no need for bug spray and you most certainly don't want to be wearing long pants and shirts.

Shorts, t-shirts and a good pair of sandals is the way to go when touring these sites. However I've read in this forum that there are certain sites (such as Cerros) where the bugs are very active, although I've not experienced it myself.

O
ourhome Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Belikin Bill - you piqued my curiosity! what's the 'magic bus'? :}
And TCandCC, thanks for the bug question, I had been wondering that as well.

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

B
B
I think bug spray's a good idea. It'll depend on the time of year and other things. We were at Lamanai last week, and we needed the mosquito repellant.

When we took the trip the 1st boat stops at Bomba. There we took this little green school bus that some of the people that were with us said looked just like the "magic school bus" from TV. They did have a good supply of "mothers milk" (belikins) on the bus. There were some that sang songs while on the bus. I was not among them.

I don't know if it is always like that but it had rained just before we got to Lamanai and everyone needed bug spray on their feet and legs while in the grassy areas. Wear T-shirts and shorts.

I carry those handy little towelettes of bug stuff, and they really came in handy at Lamanai in June when we were there.

C
C
Here's a list of the other 25 operators that do this tour
//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/mayan/tour.html

Anyone remember the Magic Bus Co. that used to go all through Europe etc way back when? You could do London to Athens return for 20-30 quid. It used to go all the way to India till Iran hostage etc..Who knows , maybe it still survives!
Just had a little blast from the past with the mention of Magic Bus..thanks! smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.