Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#116632 - 01/30/06 09:01 AM Resignation
Ernie B Offline
On January 24,2006 I notified the Board of Directors of the San Pedro Social Club, that I was resigning the office of President due to personal reasons. On January 25,2006, I notified the general membership of the above resignation. I post these details in a public forum as I have received many emails and phone calls inquiring why I decided to take this action. The short version is, it takes up too much of my personal time. I have enjoyed working for the SPSC and raising a fair amount of money, that every penny has gone or will go directly to the benefit of the children of San Pedro. Have there been rocky times? You bet. Trying to accomplish our stated goals and keeping everyone involved happy at the same time, should not be mentioned in the same sentance! It simply can't be done. Have I been critized? You bet. Was it justified? Some was. However, undue criticism was in abundance. That was more than off set by all the positive comments and support from the majority. I hope someone will stand up and assume the leadership necessary to complete this, in my opinion, very worthwhile cause. I will remain available until that someone is in place and/or the 501(c)3 application is complete, but I will not be active beyond 2-1-06. The board authorized the committment of, up to $40,000bze, to support the Calendar Girls classroom project. They have been advised of this decision and the stipulations attached to this committment. I deeply appreciate all the hard work, donations and support, of not only the members but the business comunity in San Pedro that helped make this a modest success.

Best wishes to all !

Ernie Brannon
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#116633 - 01/30/06 09:22 AM Re: Resignation
captjeff Offline
Ernie,you are the man ,I personally want to thank you for your hard work and sensitivity,in this thankless ,tough position..you have talked the talk and walked the walk .When you see kids faces smiling in sanpedro think of all your hard work you have done to help better there lives.. I am proud to call you friend .may every day be a living the dream day..
Living The Dream Every Day!

#116634 - 01/30/06 10:13 AM Re: Resignation
RMT Offline
Thank you Ernie. Your hard work did not go unnoticed. Good luck to you....Rhonda smile

#116635 - 01/30/06 10:33 AM Re: Resignation
Chloe Offline
Ernie sincerely I think you need to reconsider. I have admired your dedication and hard work, from the very beginning of SPSC.

Stay on and free up some of your time, by delegating more to the board of directors.

Ernie you are the backbone of SPSC.

(clarification, I am not a member of SPSC, but have watched the growth, and good works.)
Dare To Deviate

#116636 - 01/30/06 01:26 PM Re: Resignation
seashell Offline
I've got to echo Chloe's post.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#116637 - 01/30/06 04:23 PM Re: Resignation
Laguna Punta Offline
Ernie: Thanks for your tireless efforts for the children of San Pedro. Obviously, I understand the pressures involved in high public office. Respectfully: Bill Thornton, Prez.,SPA-SC
Gone fishing!!

#116638 - 01/30/06 08:31 PM Re: Resignation
Ernie B Offline
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#116639 - 01/30/06 08:34 PM Re: Resignation
klcman Offline
awww c'mon E - suck it up ! You know we luz ya
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#116640 - 01/30/06 09:06 PM Re: Resignation
E - you already know where I stand on this one from my emails to you - you've not only worked tirelessly and sometimes without thanks and with lots of criticism, but you're also one of the very few with what it takes to get it done in terms of connections, character and reputation, tenacity and experience. You may not be irreplacable, but it won't be an easy task.

#116641 - 01/30/06 09:35 PM Re: Resignation
RMT Offline
I bet some stickers might sway him..... :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.