Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#116991 - 02/01/06 07:33 PM last minute
BONGEO67 Offline
Ok, just about packed, But wanted some last minute tips. I have plenty of swim wear and cover-ups, flip flops and suntan lotions, shorts and tees. Baggies, aspirin for the nasty hangovers and personal items. And of course money:) Cd's and player, camera's digital and underwater, One long sleeve shirt and pants hopefully wont be needed.

Anything I may be forgetting? I brought mosquito spray last year around this time, didn't need it, Any and all suggestion much appreciated.

See you all soon!
Thanks Bonnie

#116992 - 02/01/06 07:39 PM Re: last minute
Tagenrog Offline
Baby oil. For the sand fleas. Put baby oil on your bottom third and OFF on your upper two thirds and you are protected from everything except crocodiles.

#116993 - 02/01/06 08:24 PM Re: last minute
HavinFun Offline
Don't forget to put on sunblock under the baby oil -I used it in July and my ankles started to burn (very sensative skin) before I snapped and realized it was the baby oil. In the 70's we used baby oil for suntan lotion - I usually burned, duh!

#116994 - 02/01/06 08:56 PM Re: last minute
Kra-Z-K Offline
that is interesting, I used to put baby oil on all the time and it attracted all bugs and mesquitos, I was always eaten alive. So when I go out at night I can not use oils. It has made a big difference.

#116995 - 02/01/06 09:02 PM Re: last minute
phillytodd Offline
they had baby oil in the 70's?

who knew.

#116996 - 02/01/06 09:30 PM Re: last minute
HavinFun Offline
phillytodd - LOL - smarta** laugh

krazk - maybe the bugs weren't attracted to the oil - maybe they were just getting stuck to the oil.

#116997 - 02/01/06 09:36 PM Re: last minute
travelqueen Offline
Bonnie, you forgot just one thing, EXTRA money for drinks cuz you're going to loose!!!! laugh

#116998 - 02/02/06 04:23 PM Re: last minute
BONGEO67 Offline
hahaha travelqueen, will have plenty of mullah, but wont have to use much on drinks, as I did my research. See you tomorrow!

Thanks for all the tips, as usual I over packed!
I know I don't need much, But I feel relaxed knowing the Kitchen sink is with me, along with 20 pairs of shoe's for 13 days! lol Boy will I catch **ll from the guys tomorrow when they see my bags. oops smile

So Ready for the Island and R&R and Free Drinks and SUNSHINE! Did I mention Free drinks?

P.S nice travel pics TQ and KZK
Bonnie

#116999 - 02/02/06 05:36 PM Re: last minute
phillytodd Offline
hey bonge... take all of your stuff you have packed and lay it on your bed, split the pile in half and you'll STILL have too much stuff.

I have my wife do that every time we travel and it's worked out great. We went to Italy and the greek islands for a month this past summer and all we each had was a little backpack.

Keep in mind that the only shoes you'll probably wear is a good pair of sneakers for running ( or jungle tours ).. and a pair of flip flops... being a woman, throw in a pair of "nice" shoes.. even though there just not practical down there.

most of the hotels will launder clothing for you inexpensively halfway through your trip.... the lighter you pack, the more fun you have...

plus, you'll need the room to bring back tons of coffee and booze smile

#117000 - 02/02/06 05:44 PM Re: last minute
Kra-Z-K Offline
?? I only have pictures with "chocolatelover" lol I did not know I have pics with TQ on here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (dabunk, IGAmel), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,294 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.