Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Hello, all. I am planning to visit San Pedro for the first time in June and I am trying to decide between Ruby's Beachside and the Holiday hotel. There is a considerable difference in price although both hotels appear similar from the website. I am looking for clean comfortable accommodation on the beach front. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks!

S
S
Holiday is the nicer of the two.

there is a pretty big difference, but it is simply "you get what you pay for"
same location
different budget
i would be happy at either

Holiday is also more full service with restaurant, bar, great gift shop. Ruby's is pretty basic budget (but nice, clean, etc) while Holiday is more mid range pricing. Holiday has more choice of rooms types, with fridge, kitchenette, etc. Located right next door to each other.

We stayed at Holiday our first trip. It has clean rooms, a nice beach, restuarant, bar & friendly people. Ruby is close by, never stayed there but it's a lot cheaper. More the backpacker type of hotel. You can even share a bath if you don't care for a private one.

ArtZ SmartZ
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sounds fun. Can you choose who you share with?

IRM Offline
Depends on how much you wanna pay and show far you want to go.

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the replies! Looks like Holiday Hotel has more ammenities but it's great to hear that Ruby's is nice and clean if I want to save money. That means more money for beers! laugh

Stayed at Ruby's many times, I do like their balconies,they also have some rooms with A.C. in the newer section. When I come down by myself I stay at Ruby's, when I bring the wife I upgrade to the Blue Tang.
If you are by yourself you'll have a blast & save some dough at Ruby's.

R
OP Offline
R
Exactly what I was thinking! If a friend goes with me, we will probably stay at Holiday, but if I go alone, then I will stay at Ruby's. I don't spend much time indoors anyway. Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.