Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#117534 02/12/06 09:36 PM
M
MBDiver Offline OP
OP Offline
M
If all goes well I will be arriving in Cancun airport at 16:40 thursday afternoon. Im planning on catching the bus to Chetumal, cabbing to Corozal and flying to Ambergris. I was hoping anyone that had receintly made this trip might have some advice. Buss lines to use, places to stay in Chetumal or Corozal over night, or if there is a choice of airlines to fly with to the caye?
Thanks for any info

Mike

Cancun to Ambergris
single choice
. (0%, 0 Votes)
. (0%, 0 Votes)
No Votes Yet
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
#117535 02/12/06 11:14 PM
get the best bus. there are various levels of service. cost differential minimum.

i like nestors to stay at but it got all fancified.
:>
its very nice tho. there at the end of its previous life left some folks not happy. Hok'ol K'in nice, Tony's Inn, i have stayed at those three.

maya island and tropic both fly that route, both are great.

#117536 02/13/06 09:12 PM
Most people just hop a bus to Playa and take ADO from there (the newer bus station) to Chetumal.

You can save yourself 25 bucks or so at Chetumal by just busing over the border rather than taking a taxi, and it's almost as fast (assuming your connections are okay in Chetumal).

As to hotels, in Chetumal it's hard to go wrong with Los Cocos. In Corozal, Nestor's (now called Las Palmas) is fine, but Hok'ol K'in for the same money (around US$40--$50) is on the water, with a nice view and a nice breeze. At the South End, Tony's, Corozal Bay Inn and Copa Banana are all excellent. Corozal Bay Inn is the nicest, but a little more expensive, around US$80.

Corozal is inexpensive compared with San Pedro, but Chetumal, even though it's a real city with all kinds of supermarkets and stores, a mall, movie theaters, etc. is less expensive than Corozal.

Just realized you're arriving in the late afternoon. That means at best you'll get to Chetumal very late and will probably want to overnight there, as there are no buses to Belize in the middle of the night.

Both Tropic and Maya Island each have around five flights a day from Coro to San Pedro. About the same price, same service, similar equipment, similar safety record. Just whichever is flying when you want to go.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#117537 02/13/06 09:54 PM
C
C
I stayed at hotel Marlon in chetumal, was pretty nice, ate at Los Cocos restaraunt that was reallly good. so if your there check it out.

#117538 02/14/06 04:35 PM
i would also recommend los cocos hotel & restaurant.
make sure you get the "primo clase" bus. it makes fewer stops, has a bathroom & a/c to freeze you out. i think it was about a 4 hr trip. the movie was in english. david, being a big guy, over 6', felt a little squished by the end of the trail.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.