Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11802 - 10/10/01 05:14 AM Another honeymooner without plans now
shza Offline
hello all, ive been glued to the laptop all day here in maine. what a tragedy! my heart goes out to all the peoples of Placencia, Monkey river and the rest of the towns hit and people affected.

we are getting married this weekend and am booked to fly to Belize on wed the 17th.we had plans to stay at Sonnys in Placencia for 2 weeks and spend a few days on Ranguana caye with 2 full days of fishing with Kevin Modera. Mary Toy set this all up for us.dealing with her has been great!.

I realize that the best thing i could do is to try to change our plans but not cancel.

if anyone in the resort/hotel biz reads this and feels they could put together a new itinerary with reservations in a day or two we would be most greatfull. im a little overwhelmed.

please email if you have any ideas or can help shza@morevisual.com

-shane and michelle

#11803 - 10/10/01 07:08 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
beverly1 Offline
Try Millers Landing...Anne and Gary Miller....a great place, or the Inn at Roberts Grove, just north of them and both about three miles north of the air strip, if you are still willing to go to Placencia. I know everyone would be very grateful for the business. If Kevin is not able to take you, Julian Cabral is there, although trying to regroup also, and he is one of the best fishing guides in Belize. Congratulations...this will sure be one honeymoon you won't forget! If you need more input, go to WhiprayCaye.com to read about Julian, and you can reach me through there as well. I know you must be frantic, so I will help in any way.

#11804 - 10/10/01 07:35 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
ohiolazo Offline
Shane: How about changing your destination to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye? Unaffected by the storm and a great place to spend a couple of honeymoon weeks with your new bride. Now, more than ever, your business in needed in Belize. Congratulations and have a great time in Belize!

#11805 - 10/10/01 08:57 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
Marty Offline
Lots of nice places in San Pedro, Caye Caulker, Corozal.
Lodging page for San pedro is at: http://AmbergrisCaye.com/lodging/

or email me at marty@casado.net

or email Iraida at travltour@btl.net, she has http://Belizeweddings.com

#11806 - 10/10/01 09:12 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I don't believe any of the hotels on the Placencia peninsula are going to be able to host guests for quite a while, and certainly not by the 17th. But there are dozens of wonderful places in Belize that can do so. Anywhere from Hopkins/Sittee Point north, including San Pedro, Caye Caulker, Corozal Town (a personal favorite of mine), anywhere in Cayo, Belize City and elsewhere in central and northern Belize.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#11807 - 10/10/01 10:00 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
PRIDER Offline
Check out Hamanasi, I got a message from them yesterday and they are fine, some damage to the dock but they are open for business. Check out their web site at Hamanasi.com. We were there in August, great food, private cottages, would be nice for a honeymoon couple.

#11808 - 10/10/01 10:16 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
bzgial Offline
Just returned from Belize early this morning. As mentioned, most of the areas north of Placencia were virtually unaffected by Hurricane Iris. If going to Belize is a must, then, I would agree that you should change your destination in Belize to areas from Hopkins northwards.
Email me if I can be of further assistance,
Gail Miller,
UnBelizeable Adventures

#11809 - 10/10/01 11:45 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
shza Offline
Thank you all for the support!

im so glad to hear that almost everyone is accounted for.

i want to do what i can to help so spending my honeymoon in belize seems right. im looking into san pedro area and have some emails in to people at the capricorn and the Hotel del rio and am looking at others.

I know its last minute but i have to try

thanks again

#11810 - 10/10/01 11:57 AM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
Jaguar Reef Lodge Offline
Check out Jaguar Reef Lodge in Hopkins, just south of Dangriga on a lovely stretch of beach. Beautiful lodge and area with lots of tours and activities available. No hurricane damage. 1-800-289-5756 www.jagaurreef.com - check out their Fall Specials.

#11811 - 10/10/01 12:18 PM Re: Another honeymooner without plans now
KC Offline
Check out www.ambergriscaye.com/villadelsol/

I think we'd be able to put together a great honeymoon spot, plus some great days of fishing.
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (ragman, 2 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,738 Topics
461,312 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.